• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Voldemort

Mt Adams South Spur conditions

How are the conditions on South Spur for Mt. Adams around this time of the year ? We are considering heading up there on labor day weekend. How bad are the rockfalls ?

There isn't any natural rockfall on the donkey trail this time of year. But you're gonna fuq'n bake...

The only rockfall you should be concerned with are the ones kicked

down by climbers above. I saw a rock enter in one of the glisade

chutes this weekend and hit someone in the back. Dumb ass,

everyone was yelling ROCK! Anyway, it was a great weekend, below

are some pics. Donkey trail or not at the very least it's good

conditioning for ice season. Thanks Dave, John, & Ben. Goodtimes!

IMG_0302_DxO.jpg

IMG_0365_DxO.jpg

IMG_0371_DxO_raw.jpg

Took a drive up the south side access on 12-27. Didn't pay attention to milage but our progress was going along nicely until the BFT slowed us down. (big freaking tree). There were tracks going around it but I just had a feeling it would be a bad idea for me to follow suite. No chains, no rope, no winch. Just a shovel and my lovely bride. I am not an expert with a chainsaw but it wouldn't surprise me if I was told a 24 inch blade was needed to get that tree out of the way.

Steve

I drove out there last Saturday - posted about it in the Newbie forum, however I probably should have posted here in the Route Reports / Access.

Anyway, the downed tree is about 50 yards before road 020 crosses 80. You can't really tell from the picture, but it's probably about 4 foot in diameter, so it's a pretty large tree. I was able to get around to the east but the snow was pretty deep, 3 feet or so in spots.

4279330567_9a68042fc0.jpg

My friend took a short video going back around the log:

http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=71377&photo_secret=ba6f3818ac&photo_id=4287783363

"Niiiiiiiice..." :tup: :tup:

So jgreg, you burned about 5 gallons of gas in that 1-minute clip? :laf:

I'm not sure on the south side, but I just spoke with the cowlitz ranger district and they said that road 2329 to killen creek trailhead is clear to within 5 miles.