Smith Rock Anyone?

payaso

I will be down in Bend the week of Sept 23-27 and would really LOVE to have a chance to get on some rock while down there! I could be available to climb on the 22nd, 23rd, 24th (afternoon), 27th, 28th, or the 29th! I'll be down there by myself, the trip is work related. I can give a ride too but you probably won't be sharing my schedule (must be there 24th, 25th, 26th). I climb 5.7 - 5.8+ sport lead, willing to try higher stuff TRed but according to the book there are some nice 5.7s that should keep you busy for a couple days. I've never been and am really looking forward to getting down there! [Cool]

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by payaso:

I will be down in Bend the week of Sept 23-27 and would really LOVE to have a chance to get on some rock while down there! I could be available to climb on the 22nd, 23rd, 24th (afternoon), 27th, 28th, or the 29th! I'll be down there by myself, the trip is work related. I can give a ride too but you probably won't be sharing my schedule (must be there 24th, 25th, 26th). I climb 5.7 - 5.8+ sport lead, willing to try higher stuff TRed but according to the book there are some nice 5.7s that should keep you busy for a couple days. I've never been and am really looking forward to getting down there!
[Cool]

Suggested tick list:

- 5 Gallon Buckets (super fun, but you have to take a number and wait usually)

- Bunny Face (harder than it looks, keeps you thinking)

- Jete & Dancer (5.8 and 5.9? Never been on them, but they're handy 'cause they're right next to each other, and far enough from the chaos at Morning Glory wall and the Cinnamon Slab area that you might avoid some crowds)

- The two 5.8s on the Peanut are fun, and there is a new route on a small column to the left of the Peanut that DFA thinks is about 5.9 (not sure, though)

- Some fun things on Rope-de-Dope block, and you can catch shade for a good bit of the day there, too. Watch out for crowds, babies, and dogs.

If it's too hot or crowded at the main area, there are scads of short, topropeable routes at Northern Point, which has a short, flat approach, and shade practically all day.

Enjoy!

Smith Rox sucks, full of sporto wankers gumbys [big Grin]

See you there this weekend I am going to climb lots of Ryan L routes that all the Rock cops have been talk'in smack about, I am going to be loud, joke around and have a good time ,like all the rest of the sporto's than I am going to [big Drink] around the campfire get wasted and make an [Moon] of myself, It's what I do.

quote:

Originally posted by Heinouscling:

quote:

Originally posted by richard noggin:

Smith Rox sucks, full of sporto wankers gumbys
[big Grin]

See you there this weekend I am going to climb lots of Ryan L routes that all the Rock cops have been talk'in smack about, I am going to be loud, joke around and have a good time ,like all the rest of the sporto's than I am going to
[big Drink]
around the campfire get wasted and make an
[Moon]
of myself, It's what I do.

Rich,

You forgot to say something about taking a gander on all the sweet climbing babes in their hot, little, sports bras.
[big Grin]

-Heinous

Tats the main reason to go to smith they dress skimpy this time of year. I am going to hang out round 8 gal buckets and see if I can play ropegun for the hard belly newbies [laf]

Hope this dude doesn't mind me spray'in on his tread [Roll Eyes]

HC haven't seen you on the board in a lone time

You been run'in from someones husband or the man

Whathaphksupwitdat?? The women in Washington have been crying every since you left, don't know if they miss you or figgered out you wern't really fixed [Eek!]

quote:

Originally posted by richard noggin:

Smith Rox sucks, full of sporto wankers gumbys
[big Grin]

See you there this weekend I am going to climb lots of Ryan L routes that all the Rock cops have been talk'in smack about, I am going to be loud, joke around and have a good time ,like all the rest of the sporto's than I am going to
[big Drink]
around the campfire get wasted and make an
[Moon]
of myself, It's what I do.

Rich,

You forgot to say something about taking a gander on all the sweet climbing babes in their hot, little, sports bras. [big Grin]

-Heinous