Diamond free solo video!

danhelmstadter

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys!! WTF!?! The chick does a kick ass solo and they make a good video of it. Then you all sit here behind your computers and pick apart the fact that she shares her feeling and thoughts about climbing it. WTF!?! She did something many of you freaks will NEVER do!!! (I said a"few" cause i know there are a few who posted that can.) If ya just want grunts and groans without words, feelings and thoughts then go watch a video of pigs fucking! ;)

I love the video and she inspires me...just like many of you do. :P

Come on guys!! WTF!?! The chick does a kick ass solo and they make a good video of it. Then you all sit here behind your computers and pick apart the fact that she shares her feeling and thoughts about climbing it. WTF!?! She did something many of you freaks will NEVER do!!! (I said a"few" cause i know there are a few who posted that can.) If ya just want grunts and groans without words, feelings and thoughts then go watch a video of pigs fucking! ;)

No one here questions how amazing this is (I think), but think of it much like guys watching the Miss Universe contest and critiquing a mole on an amazing girls' thigh.....I think it's part of human nature to observe things not easily discernible. For myself, it is nothing short of amazing to the point I'm nearly speachless when an Alex Honnold free solos a Moonlight buttress (V 5.12d) or something like this gets done.

Joesph, great link. The filming must have been terribly difficult yet they pieced together a nice short film there.

fangrrrl

No one here questions how amazing this is (I think), but think of it much like guys watching the Miss Universe contest and critiquing a mole on an amazing girls' thigh.....

No, it's not this at all. Climbing skill and douchiness of personality are independent of one another. Nobody was picking at a miniscule aspect of her climbing skill.

It is more like laughing at Miss South Carolina's incomprehensible rant.

No one here questions how amazing this is (I think), but think of it much like guys watching the Miss Universe contest and critiquing a mole on an amazing girls' thigh.....

No, it's not this at all. Climbing skill and douchiness of personality are independent of one another. Nobody was picking at a miniscule aspect of her climbing skill.

It is more like laughing at Miss South Carolina's incomprehensible rant.

Well then if ya all can't stand to listen to her then put it on mute and start jerking off to a hot chick climbing. seems thats all you all want to see from the gal. :provoke:

I think you are all just jealous cause she can do what you all can't. Climb and make $ doing it!

By the way, this Patagonia R1 top made from organic Alpaca liver lining hewed from the carcass by the nomadic people of the Peruvian Andes in the late 1500's and is all natural and carbon neutral on the go activewear for the everyday hardman- or woman- really keeps me warm on long onsight solos, romantic jaunts up runout 5.12 friction with my soulmate, or just chilling in my beater '07 Winnebago modified Sprinter with my dog Granite listening to Whale Song CD's and munching on organic free range sustainable locally grown Quinoa salad with authentic Moroccan homemade hummus.

when i watch that video, i fear so much for her. at the end when she is on top enjoying a peaceful moment with the view and camera....thats when i finally am able to catch my breath.

worry not. Each hold is worth about $27, 3 new pairs of rock shoes and a top. So it's a no-fall zone at each moment. If I should waver, the camera dangling over the edge atop the climb entices me upward and crystallizes my focus as I remember what is at stake and what I have to lose.