Diamond free solo video!

danhelmstadter

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

casting stone you can barely lift... priceless.

hey i've noticed you're a really articulate and insightful fellow, with concise and perspicuous analyses of any topic, so maybe you can explain exactly what you mean with your biblical homily? something about the charge i levy being a charge i am guilty of myself, methinks? help a brother out.

your burnin up...

I had a friend once tell me that people commonly die every winter freesoloing in Joshua Tree and yet it never makes it further than the local news down there.

Bill, if a friend told you that eating your own shit was nutritious, would you do it?

EDIT: you probably would. You are that gullible.

It's a serious consideration Mark, especially since the only other climber to do that very route free solo later died free soloing.

You ever heard of Charlie Fowler?

You and Mark must be high.

Charlie didn't free solo 'that' route.

Edited by JosephH

It's a serious consideration Mark, especially since the only other climber to do that very route free solo later died free soloing.

You ever heard of Charlie Fowler?

You and Mark must be high.

My bad. Google search gave me this, which is obviously misleading:

Charlie Fowler made the first free solo of the Diamond, soloing the Integral Route, ... and then on-sight soloed Pervertical Sanctuary

Yup, great story, Fowler was so unassuming on that stuff. I think it originally had another name, and when Charlie freesoloed it, they all changed the name to the "Casual" route.. at like 5.10 which at the time was a hard grade. :lmao:

I think he did the DNB in Yosemite in a similar, non-chestbeating manner. Just casually replied to someone who asked what he had climbed that day....

casting stone you can barely lift... priceless.

hey i've noticed you're a really articulate and insightful fellow, with concise and perspicuous analyses of any topic, so maybe you can explain exactly what you mean with your biblical homily? something about the charge i levy being a charge i am guilty of myself, methinks? help a brother out.

your burnin up...

hmmm i fail to see the similarity. but thanks.

I wonder how many people have soloed that route without feeling the need to inform the whole world of their "accomplishment".

thousand maybe millions...

i think pink just wants to post that foto of himself with the flowing locks and single chin.

I wonder how many people have soloed that route without feeling the need to inform the whole world of their "accomplishment".

thousand maybe millions...

i think pink just wants to post that foto of himself with the flowing locks and single chin.

funny, you'd think a new avatar would freshen things up.