Before you ask me "HEY SOBO, WHAT TIME IS IT??"...

sobo

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to go with a half-rack of something light, crisp, refreshing, and domestically mass-produced, since I've got the rugrats for the w/e. So I went with...

rolling-rock-beer.jpg

You should know, I also picked up a sixer of each of the following:

106568.jpglarge_4895_Corona%20Beer.jpg

And a lime, of course...

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a $90 bottle of Woodford Reserve Mastercraft small batch ultra-premium estate the other day and matched it up in a blind taste with 2 Bourbon snobs against a $50 bottle of Bernheim and a $33 bottle of standard Woodford Reserve Distellers Select.

The expensive bottle last, cheapest bottle first, by a wide margin.

The last bottle of Chateau Mouton Rothschild (A red French wine, probably selling in the $200 range) I opened up (last month) received a 60 plus (VS the published Robert Parker 91) from the wine snob I blindly shared that with and asked what he thought the rating was...sigh...I need to work on my snob presentation:-)

The moral of the storys: I should have given the dude the Woodbridge. That's some great stuff. Essentially "$4 Buck Chuck", I'm drinking it now and it's great.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It's good to finally see some quality, craft brews in a can. Like Caldera Brewing of Ashland, OR. Wish I could find some around here.

The Whole Foods around here carry them... check the ones in Portland.

Thanks for the tip. There is a new "By the Bottle" specialty beer store that just opened in Washougal and I have requested they carry it too. Hopefully they will start stocking it soon.

• 3 weeks later...