Before you ask me "HEY SOBO, WHAT TIME IS IT??"...

sobo

Hey sobo hope your day is going better today. I embraced the suck with a few too many pendelton's last night.

Why not fly out of seatac on the 25th? The afternoon of christmas day is often really good for flying in the following

Edited by minx

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey sobo hope your day is going better today. I embraced the suck with a few too many pendelton's last night.
It is, I'm "up and aboot" now with no ill effects from the previous evening, so I send "Hangover Begone" wishes your way. :)

Why not fly out of seatac on the 25th? The afternoon of christmas day is often really good for flying in the following
Yes, that thought had occurred to me. A few days in a hotel in Seattle would have been much cheaper than what the ticket changes, change fees, airport parking, and additional plane tickets from the Tri-Cities ultimately cost, but the biggest issue was one of logistics for Phydeaux. I made arrangements a month ago when we agreed on the premise of this trip for Phydeaux to be boarded at the vet's from the 16th to the 23rd, cuz he's very old and not an entirely well cat. Having him pet-sat for a week or more would put him in a precarious position, should he head downhill again like he did (and almost took the dirt nap) back in October. And, of course, leaving him with a week's worth of food and water alone in the house is a non-starter for such an old kitteh. So when I got bamboozled last weekend, I tried to reschedule Phydeaux's boarding arrangements, but everything in town had filled up by then. No room at the inn, so to speak. So the only time I could get him covered by the vet was from the 27th to the 2nd of January. Picking up the kids on the 25th will necessitate me taking Phydeaux with me on the round trip drive to Seattle, then returning with him and the kids to the Tri-Cities on Christmas Day so that he can be deposited at the vet's on the 26th, so we can board the plane in Pasco on the morning of the 27th. Yes, quite the bit of logistics, driving, and money to be involved here. All thanks to the BSC Bitch... :rolleyes:

sobo-- you know what i think about your BSC X. i'm glad you got it worked out.
Not entirely worked out, I guess... After I wrote the above post yesterday morning, I got an email from the BSC ex in the early afternoon with a new suggestion... Now she wants to bring the kids to Tri-Cities a few days before Christmas in exchange for me bringing them back to her on the 3rd. On the surface, that sounds like a great idea. I save the hotel and pet care costs (that's good, since I'm only working half-time), the kids don't spend Christmas Day driving across the state (she's plucking my emotional heartstrings with that one - she knows that I'll do anything to make life easier on the kids), she can keep a work appointment that she made on the day she was supposed to come here and get them (why she scheduled work on the day she's supposed to retrieve the kids is beyond me, but anyway...), and it would be easy for me to make the drive over and back on the 3rd (I'm not working on that day anyway). Sure seems like everybody wins, right...??

This is in keeping with her long-established modus operandi... Make an agreement, wait a coupla days, then propose a change. Make a new agreement, wait a coupla more days, make another change. Repeat right up until the last moment. Every fiber in my being is telling me that this is just another trap. If she had a history of being reasonable and honest with me, I could go for this proposed change to the Parenting Plan. But there is no foundation of trust in her upon which I should base changing my decision (and my attorney's advice) to adhere strenuously to the Parenting Plan through this holiday. I can just see myself agreeing to this new plan of hers, and waiting here for her to arrive with the kids, only to have her not show up and give some lame excuse. So there it would be, Christmas Day, the kids still in Poulsbo, and me here without them, the duped victim of her manipulative connivery once again. I'm soooooo tired of that. I want to believe she'll actually follow through, but with her history of lying, cheating, manipulation, and emotional blackmail, I just can't take that chance. Not anymore. And that makes me look like the unreasonable one now... :rolleyes:

Hey, Sobo - no new deals... stick with the legal plan. You'll be happier. :-)

Sobo- KKKKKKKKKKKKKKK is 100% right

Gawd, don't I know that you're both 110% correct. That's 220% total! But this sure sounds like a sweet deal for everyone. BSCX really knows how to play this game, and I just shouldn't play it with her. I can just picture her now, peering down at me through the water's surface, as she flicks the rod again and again, causing the lure to twitch to and fro. I swim in slow circles around the shiny metal trinket, the circles getting ever tighter and tighter, as I consider whether or not to strike at the lure and go deep. I should just swim away...

Given past history, any changes to plans require renegotiating between lawyers and signed agreements by both parties.

Since Christmas is a week away either your lawyer won't have time or they'll want triple time wages for being a pain in the ass and interrupting their own family activities.

I emailed back to BSCX today to let her know that as of right now, I'm still stickin' with the instructions in the PP. I did agree that her offer was a reasonable alternative to the current plan, BUT before I would agree to it I would need to consult with my attorney. I told her that I would try to contact my lawyers this week (good luck with that, in the week before Christmas...) and see what they say about what would need to be put in place before agreeing to the change. Warily circling the shiny metal trinket...

Given past history, any changes to plans require renegotiating between lawyers and signed agreements by both parties.

Since Christmas is a week away either your lawyer won't have time or they'll want triple time wages for being a pain in the ass and interrupting their own family activities.

Oh, I hear ya, Kurt. Trust me, I hear ya...

Got a question posted out there in the Café regarding law practice... I suspect that she'll try to get her attorney boyfriend to put it on his firm's letterhead for her for free. Was curious if a med mal firm could represent her in a family law dispute, and if he agreed to do that for her, does the agreement carry any weight?

In dealing with her, I have to think ahead for all of the possible contingencies that she might try to pull. When I met with my lawyer, the plan was to drive to Poulsbo to get my kids. What if BSCX wasn't at home, and took the kids and was hiding out somewhere? What if she was at home, but wouldn't release the kids to me? What if she wasn't at home, but the kids were? Would I be guilty of kidnapping if I took them and left? I never thought that she would offer to bring the kids to me for Christmas when I consulted with my lawyer earlier this week. Damn, a guy can go crazy dealing with this BSC bitch...

Ahhhh, yes it is! Just packed it in for the Christmas break, and will be headed out the door shortly to do my 3 miles again tonight. I'll be a'pouring something later this evening, but haven't figgerd out what that'll be just yet. More than likely it'll be PK Mai Tais or OFs tonight, since I have no decent wine left and I don't feel like screwing with the check-out lines at the store.