Before you ask me "HEY SOBO, WHAT TIME IS IT??"...

sobo

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to raise a glass, sobo. Or are you well into it? I've got a growler of the Black Raven Trickster that needs drinking. Need space in the fridge. For another growler.
Wellllllllllllll into it, Marcin. Took today off, on account it's ma berfday.

VA Tech College of Civil Engineering motto, ca 1986, coined by yours truly: "You can't drink all day unless you start first thing in the morning!"

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday greetings. Taking the day off today, I started this morning with a couple of Bloody Marys. For breakfast, a few cups of coffee with a shot or two of Baileys in each one brought me to lunchtime, which saw a couple Dark n' Stormys to wash down my sammich. This afternoon was spent in front of the laptop doing some general surfing and then making airline reservations for RamaHannuKwanzMas with the 'rents back East, being fortified with a 6-pack of Moose Drools. Getting ready now to head out to dinner with some friends, wherein I'll drop a bottle of fine cabernet, and will likely finish up dessert with a tawny Port or some Ameretto di Soronna. I expect that when I get dumped back home later tonight, I'll have a nightcap or two. I'm thinking either a couple Vodka Tonics or an Old Fashioned or two...

You can't believe how long it took to spellcheck that post...

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday greetings. Taking the day off today, I started this morning with a couple of Bloody Marys. For breakfast, a few cups of coffee with a shot or two of Baileys in each one brought me to lunchtime, which saw a couple Dark n' Stormys to wash down my sammich. This afternoon was spent in front of the laptop doing some general surfing and then making airline reservations for RamaHannuKwanzMas with the 'rents back East, being fortified with a 6-pack of Moose Drools. Getting ready now to head out to dinner with some friends, wherein I'll drop a bottle of fine cabernet, and will likely finish up dessert with a tawny Port or some Ameretto di Soronna. I expect that when I get dumped back home later tonight, I'll have a nightcap or two. I'm thinking either a couple Vodka Tonics or an Old Fashioned or two...

You can't believe how long it took to spellcheck that post...

I'm toasting you with an Old Fashioned (with 101 rye, baby!) right now! Happy Birthday, Sobo!

:brew:

• 2 weeks later...

OKaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay... Well, it is that time again, people...

Spicing things up a little this evening... I'll be doing a little homage tonight to TTK via his Planet Killer Mai Tai. You may recall our lively little exchange in the Legalize it thread yesterday, which culminated in a congenial conclusion after much discourse, and a suggestion from TTK that I join him in his environs for one of his famous alcoholic concoctions... the nefarious TTK Planet Killer Mai Tai.

Then late this morning, TTK reported the results of his students' Free Speech Quiz , and by early afternoon TTK had repeated his offer of having me join him for a round of his Planet Killers. Since by necessity, this congregation may be some time off in the future, he provided his secret formula... TTK PKMT recipe

Not having all of the requisite ingredients, I made the arduous sojourn to my local WSLCB (for as much longer as they'll be around) and purchased the necessary constituents, and have now brought same safely to my humble abode.

I sally forth now to prepare... the TTK Planet Killer Mai Tai! :brew:

Report to follow...