Camping near the liberty group...

chrishar

I’ve read conflicting info about camping at blue lake near the liberty group – anyone know for sure if you can put a camp in there? If not, any other nearby locations?

Looking for a wilderness spot to do a few climbs over a few days there...

thx.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hairpin is great if you like listening to big rig trucks, jake brakes cranking, bearing down seemingly right on top of you all night long- sketch.

Dont know the status of Blue Lake but my thoughts are that it is day use only.

Avoid the Blue Lake Trailhead unless you want to be awakened at 4:30 AM by some guy asking "you with the Seattle Basic Scrambles Group?" :nurd:

Just drive 2 miles east, and camp at the Cutthroat lake site. There is running water and a toilet, its very comfortable. I tried camping at the Blue Lake parking lot, but the bugs were so bad that we bailed and ended up finding the other spot. Sure, you have to get up a little earlier and drive a few miles, but you will seriously thank yourself for doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I had someone also advise to camp/bivy which is on the left afer passing Lone Tree Campground (assuming you are traveling from Seattle?). I am not sure how far this is from Blue Lake TH (maybe 10 minutes?).

I am wondering if it would be a problem to park and sleep in car at Blue Lake TH? Would rangers not give you a problem because you are parked vs bivying/tent outside the car?