Obama Healthcare Lies

Fairweather

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FW, put another way, I would rather pay either higher taxes ( within reason) or higher premiums for where I have a known and predictable cost, and have peace of mind that I am covered, than currently paying relatively high premiums and still living in constant worry that a broken ankle or an ER visit is pretty much coming completely out of my pocket to the tune of 7-10 grand, which will set me back years financially - despite the fact that I've bucked up for insurance.

Do you make more than $200,000+ a year? You wouldn't pay higher taxes under some of the proposals. Unfortunately, this provision is likely to be struck under any compromise with Republicans (who're fighting for the common man, of course).

I heard all businesses would be hit with a payroll deduction under some of these proposals - whether or not your employer already pays for (some or all) of you health insurance. That is a new tax and if true, is bullshit. If I *want* to go with the public option, then I should be apply to apply my employer-paid portion to the public option, but I should not have to fund it if I am already getting coverage that I am happy with.

valid concern, and point. These are the details that ought to be being discussed, not Obama's similarities to Hitler and whether Obama wants to send old people to the glue factory. I'm fucking outraged that the discussion is none at all and we risk a total defeat of opportunity to reform to everyone's benefit because of histrionic and irrational rumor and fear mongering, and political BULLSHIT.

what's even more impressive is when someone provides basic things for themselves!

We all just need to work harder, is that it?

I'll see if I can increase my salary at the same pace as medical costs and insurance premiums are increasing. Looks like I have my work cut out.

By your logic perhaps the most noble thing would ne doing away with insurance altogether and paying entirely out of pocket- after all why do need to sponge off insurance companies, maybe you just need to work harder...

what's even more impressive is when someone provides basic things for themselves!

We all just need to work harder, is that it?

I'll see if I can increase my salary at the same pace as medical costs and insurance premiums are increasing. Looks like I have my work cut out.

By your logic perhaps the most noble thing would ne doing away with insurance altogether and paying entirely out of pocket- after all why do need to sponge off insurance companies, maybe you just need to work harder...

no i need to climb harder, play harder, party harder and buy more shit i don't need

.... then sponge off the insurance companies.

You must perform your own colonoscopys, then? Pretty basic thing.

i do believe it was ivan who called healthcare a pretty basic thing...

a basic thing pink is somethign that's essential for life - food is a basic thing, but that doesn't mean i could run my own farm. a car is a basic thing in the modern world, but i couldn't build one or fix much beyond an oil change. health care is a basic thing, but people can't make thier own blood pressure meds, fix their broken legs, or remove thier appendix (well, w/o it looking like a monty python movie).

so again, paging any christians in the crowd, how can you deny your fellow man esential healthcare on the grounds of his poverty or even laziness and not feel like a complete hypocrite? did lazarus have to pay for the crash-cart? did the blind dude get a bill from j.c. for the spit/mud pack and the services rendered?

so again, paging any christians in the crowd, how can you deny your fellow man esential healthcare on the grounds of his poverty or even laziness and not feel like a complete hypocrite? did lazarus have to pay for the crash-cart? did the blind dude get a bill from j.c. for the spit/mud pack and the services rendered?

Why bother?

"Trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table...I have no interest in doing it."

--Barney Frank responding to a question from a woman holding a picture President Obama with an Adolf Hitler-like mustache drawn above his lip at a recent town hall meeting.

FW, put another way, I would rather pay either higher taxes ( within reason) or higher premiums for where I have a known and predictable cost, and have peace of mind that I am covered, than currently paying relatively high premiums and still living in constant worry that a broken ankle or an ER visit is pretty much coming completely out of my pocket to the tune of 7-10 grand, which will set me back years financially - despite the fact that I've bucked up for insurance.

Do you make more than $200,000+ a year? You wouldn't pay higher taxes under some of the proposals. Unfortunately, this provision is likely to be struck under any compromise with Republicans (who're fighting for the common man, of course).

I heard all businesses would be hit with a payroll deduction under some of these proposals - whether or not your employer already pays for (some or all) of you health insurance. That is a new tax and if true, is bullshit. If I *want* to go with the public option, then I should be apply to apply my employer-paid portion to the public option, but I should not have to fund it if I am already getting coverage that I am happy with.

valid concern, and point. These are the details that ought to be being discussed, not Obama's similarities to Hitler and whether Obama wants to send old people to the glue factory. I'm fucking outraged that the discussion is none at all and we risk a total defeat of opportunity to reform to everyone's benefit because of histrionic and irrational rumor and fear mongering, and political BULLSHIT.

So, I hear your concerns too. Could reform *start* with just the following 1) ensuring catastrophic coverage is affordable - meaning monthly charge and a reasonable annual deductible 2) ensuring insurance companies may not stall, delay, avoid paying out - how about pay first, then ask questions, 3) figuring out a way to eliminate the "preexisting conditions" requirements balancing that with folks being "forced" to buy coverage (instead of just paying nothing until they are hurt or sick and then suddenly applying for coverage). I could also see progressive premiums (or tax credits to ensure this) for 1), but would never support zero copays/deductibles for large numbers of people.

Frank Zappa is overrated.

so is your mom. :ass:

Speaking of your mom...

when the hell did you get married? Jebus, last time I checked you just got yourself a new woahman.

i got married june 27th, thanks for asking... i am flying out to CA this weekend to meet her family.