Obama Healthcare Lies

Fairweather

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumbfucks believing lies? Is this about WMD's in Iraq? Or Iraq being responsible or complicit in 9/11? Or maybe it's about "death panels"? That's right FW, Dems are the biggest dumbfucks believing the BIGGEST LIES!!!! I need more! Anyone know any good left wing talk radio/kool aid I can listen to/drink?

Edited by Doug

Wow, a bunch of clips of Obama for the last few years proposing single payer, in public. Now theres a big uproar because he appears to be moving on it as promised. If anything, it appears he, if not Frank/Pelosi et.al., have for the time being scaled back ambitions due to the conservative objections while pushing ahead so that some reforms can be accomplished.

The man was ELECTED while promising the system that you claim there is overwhelming opposition to; the only thing thats happened is that relative minority has gotten louder and angrier in order to intimidate and give the appearance of a "populist backlash". The only reason reform may not pass this time is if congress caves in to fears of being voted out- not the first time that would happen.

Meanwhile Glenn Beck this AM felt compelled once again to implore his audience to not "shoot anyone or blow anything up" while otherwise "following your heart's instincts towards saving the republic".

FW, any reason your spokespeople would have to remind your fellow conservatives not to go kill senators, the President, or fellow citizens? If this reform passes into law through our timeworn democratic process, is there a civil war backup plan in the works? Because i cant imagine guys like Beck would say shit like this if he didnt think a cross section of his audience didnt include violent extremist nutjobs. Care to comment on the "real America"?

it appears he, if not Frank/Pelosi et.al., have for the time being scaled back ambitions due to the conservative objections while pushing ahead so that some reforms can be accomplished.

this is what scares me: some form of "compromise".

If there isn't a public option that ISN'T tied to private insurance costs, then might as well shoot the dog now.

i seriously can't believe we even have these arguments when we are the LAST industrialized country without universal health care (and outspend everyone by a wide margin AND rank 37th, 30fuckin7th, in WHO's country ranking for med care).

i seriously can't believe we even have these arguments when we are the LAST industrialized country without universal health care (and outspend everyone by a wide margin AND rank 37th, 30fuckin7th, in WHO's country ranking for med care).

Huh. I heard that we have by far the best system in the world and that if you get sick in Europe you will definitely die. I hear they even make lampshades out of the elderly.

Huh. I heard that we have by far the best system in the world and that if you get sick in Europe you will definitely die. I hear they even make lampshades out of the elderly.

So, if we implement Obamacare as specified in the 1000 page document where will our ranking be.

Still 37/37, 30 fucking 7th, right?

and the above is all it takes to keep the status quo, apparently.

effin americans.

So, if we implement Obamacare as specified in the 1000 page document where will our ranking be.

Still 37/37, 30 fucking 7th, right?

Wish I could give you a definitive answer.

I do suspect that if both public and private plans combined with cost reductions can be forged from the mess we have now, that the number will improve. If we choose to stay the course, I'm going to guess 30 fucking 7th.

If anything, it appears he, if not Frank/Pelosi et.al., have for the time being scaled back ambitions due to the conservative objections while pushing ahead so that some reforms can be accomplished.

Really? 'Cause I haven't heard. Eliminate the government option and maybe they'll get a bill passed. A simple bill preventing insurance companies from dropping the insured who become ill ex post facto will suffice.

The only reason reform may not pass this time is if congress caves in to fears of being voted out- not the first time that would happen.

:lmao: Listen to what you're saying. Yes; congress must actually listen to their constituents and be accountable for the bills they pass at the next election cycle. The horror! :noway:

FW, any reason your spokespeople would have to remind your fellow conservatives not to go kill senators, the President, or fellow citizens?

Your anecdote doesn't hold a candle to the level of hate your side stirred up during the W years. You may recall that your pals on the left even made a move in which they fantasized about Bush's assassination.

doap.jpg

If anything, it appears he, if not Frank/Pelosi et.al., have for the time being scaled back ambitions due to the conservative objections while pushing ahead so that some reforms can be accomplished.

Really? 'Cause I haven't heard. Eliminate the government option and maybe they'll get a bill passed. A simple bill preventing insurance companies from dropping the insured who become ill ex post facto will suffice.

At least we agree on this specific point, but I think much more than this is needed. In any case, I expect a compromise will happen and its going to come from Obama himself at thr behest of some of the more radical elements of his own party. While as kimmo points out a compromise may well result in missing the whole point of need for reform (that is, its going to be a big payoff for the pharma and insurance industries and little in the way of cost reduction and increased affordability), it also undermines the painting of Obama as a dangerous unreasonable ideologue.

The only reason reform may not pass this time is if congress caves in to fears of being voted out- not the first time that would happen.

:lmao: Listen to what you're saying. Yes; congress must actually listen to their constituents and be accountable for the bills they pass at the next election cycle. The horror! :noway:

you're missing my point: I think congress not only has the votes to pass it, but they have majority public support- and conservatives know it. Therefore the screaming and threats of "voting them out", none of which changes the fact that the loudest screamers are in the minority. If the public genuinely as a majority concludes that this is bad policy and it gets voted down, then so be it, but if it goes down because of viral distortions, rumours, and out and out lies perpetrated by a desperate minority- not acceptable. Nor if congress caves out of fear rather than genuine lack of majority support.

FW, any reason your spokespeople would have to remind your fellow conservatives not to go kill senators, the President, or fellow citizens?

Your anecdote doesn't hold a candle to the level of hate your side stirred up during the W years. You may recall that your pals on the left even made a move in which they fantasized about Bush's assassination.

doap.jpg

Hate? I am quoting directly from a MAINSTREAM conservative media personality who carries a daily listening and watching audience in the tens of millions. He was speaking directly to his own audience- conservatives- to not do something that any decent and rational person takes as a given and not needed to be said. So to whom exactly is he speaking? And, as (I hope) one of those rational and moral persons, don't you find that in the least bit patronizing or even outright insulting?

One of two things is going on: either he's acknowledging that a significant part of this so called populist backlash consists of trigger happy reactionaries just itching for a reason and he is trying to cover his ass for the violence that he fears is coming; or, he is making a deliberate attempt to incite seething anger, perhaps even violence, by making otherwise decent and rational people feel as though this issue might be important enough to kill people.

And once again, you've avoided any real attempt at answering my question by invoking the "your side did way worse things!" distraction. I don't have to have seen that W movie (and didn't) to know it was in poor taste at best and at worst was a low grade opportunity for fading revolutionaries to indulge in their violent ideological fantasies. And while not to diminish its potential consequences, it was coming from decidedly fringe sources, not a mainstream anointed spokesman for "my side"; which by the way, FOAD for trying to put me in the same room with that crap.

not a mainstream anointed spokesman for "my side"; which by the way, FOAD for trying to put me in the same room with that crap.

Ya see how this "my side, your side" thing works?

Wow. THere's so much bullshit flowing from both sides here you'd think the CC server had been dropped into a feedlot.

The whole Bush hate death threat thing. FW, just STFU. You know the only death threats made in any seriousness on this board are towards each other.

And SS, the 'conservitard in exile' shock jocks are certainly having a stream-of-incontinence field day right now in their standard free ass-holeciative manner, but they're not spokespeople for anyone. They're entertainers.

The voltage is up in the cage and the rats are making mountains out of their own droppings instead of heading to the mountains, which, fuck you all very much, I'm doing tomorrow.

So take a breath, folks. Or, more preferably, stop breathing entirely, but in either case I'm calling bullshit on this bullshit.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

not a mainstream anointed spokesman for "my side"; which by the way, FOAD for trying to put me in the same room with that crap.

Ya see how this "my side, your side" thing works?

All right, I see.

Pals now? :)

Lets get the weekend started right, then. Have a good one FW!

Wow. THere's so much bullshit flowing from both sides here you'd think the CC server had been dropped into a feedlot.

The whole Bush hate death threat thing. FW, just STFU. You know the only death threats made in any seriousness on this board are towards each other.

And SS, the 'conservitard in exile' shock jocks are certainly having a stream-of-incontinence field day right now in their standard free ass-holeciative manner, but they're not spokespeople for anyone. They're entertainers.

The voltage is up in the cage and the rats are making mountains out of their own droppings instead of heading to the mountains, which, fuck you all very much, I'm doing tomorrow.

So take a breath, folks. Or, more preferably, stop breathing entirely, but in either case I'm calling bullshit on this bullshit.

tvash, 4-5 PM on friday is "hyperbole hour" on this website. So fuck off, and have a good weekend in the mountains! :)