The perfect rack!

Sophia

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HECK YEAH SOL!!! We all sure do. However, the last crack I did named Kiddy Litter was like 30 feet long and 5.5....hrmphhhh....

jus sayin....

For long hard granite cracks, being able to toss your hands in fast and get a good locks, and not have to slowly reposition each hand each time to get the softest/bestest and avoid painful little nasty rugosites in the crack is invaluable for good time. Or if you are just old and heavy like me......

ahhhh...is that why you guys wear tape gloves, cause the mean cracks hurt your hands...thats just so cute.

Calluses are better than tape, you don't have to take them on and off and you can laugh at the waitress at the Mexican restaurant when she tells you the plate is hot.

I just think it's pretty funny that you wankers are going on and on about how real climbers don't use tape, when our resident hardmen just tape up and go send.

Less spray, more action.

I just think it's pretty funny that you wankers are going on and on about how real climbers don't use tape, when our resident hardmen just tape up and go send.

No one ever said that, I dont think it has anything to do with skill, more about where you are from.

You'll find that with cam placements, often, a slight pocket, constriction or nubbin can be found within seconds and within inches of your placement if you look for it... You'll find that when you get into hard fingercracks [real climbing], the best and only finger lock is often the best nut placement as well [this reeks of french freeing], and you can sit and fiddle to get your fingers out of the perfect lock so you can slot a nut in the constriction while you pump out, or you can instantly plug and go a perfect green or yellow alien small mastercam right under or above the neck down spot where your fingers and your bodyweight are residing [thus acting like the jug you desperately wished for]. Thats when one really starts loving [to pull on] cams gear.

Ha! I just read between the lines here. Sounds to me like some tape would help your cause.

Edited by sklag

and not have to slowly reposition each hand each time to get the softest/bestest and avoid painful little nasty rugosites

ahhhh...is that why you guys wear tape gloves, cause the mean cracks hurt your hands...thats just so cute.

man...you're so core...:rolleyes:

Having spent a week in the valley with Jens several years ago, watching him climb everything in sight with no rest days and no tape, i just have to say that "you, sir, are full of shit"...

my guess, from that picture, is that he'd been climbing for something like 9 days straight and probably had some big holes to contend with on his hands, then went up there for that route...

carry on...

• 4 weeks later...

they've been breaking??????????

says who?? and big question....how????

i got to know dave when he first started out w/ his narrow cams, and what he was putting up with, and....what kind of guy he is/was...

perhaps he has nothing do to with it anymore??? or ???

think you should clear a fry your selve here.

got questions to this 'statement' of 'fact'???

"been breaking" is a big set of words here.

they've been breaking??????????

says who?? and big question....how????

i got to know dave when he first started out w/ his narrow cams, and what he was putting up with, and....what kind of guy he is/was...

perhaps he has nothing do to with it anymore??? or ???

think you should clear a fry your selve here.

got questions to this 'statement' of 'fact'???

"been breaking" is a big set of words here.

You obviously have not been paying any attention. Look around, info is very easy to find.