chinaman's peak (10d, 22p - ALL sport)

thelawgoddess

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know about 22p but If you drive into the alpine club hut in canmore there will be about 6-10 people that might want a partner and might be willing to do that route. It's waiting for you. Probably start collecting snow really really soon though.

I think its actually somewhere near 18 pitches of 25 meters each pitch or something close to that. Resulting in really about 11 pitches according to Dru.

[ 08-28-2002, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

Isn't it Ha Ling now for obvious reasons?

i really don't see anything wrong with the original name, but yeah; i think it does have a "more pc" name now.

after pitch 1 you can combine the rest into 50m pitches (and 19-21 into one 60m pitch).

got my own helmet, thank you. [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by Geek the Greek:

Bah, if Chinaman's was the original name, it should stand. Changing the name in the hope of undoing a lot of historical racism is BS. Keep the original name as a reminder of all the Chinese blood that was spilled building the trans-can railroad.

I support changing its name to Mt. Dru after my historic ascent in 2002. Although really a more appropriate name would be Mt. Szechuan Potsticker cause that is what it looks like if you squint. [chubit]