New BD Fusion

dbb

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but BD is coming out with a new version of the Fusion. From what I've heard it drytools just as well, but actually swings like a regular ice tool. Looks like a nice addition of a spike w/ a clip hole, and a possible micro hammer on the head.

120307.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

While the BD spinner isn't the only toy in town...imo it is the best yet. Been using it for the last two seasons and have kept a loaner set that my partner's have begun fighting over.

I was not a big fan initially. Biners seemed too big, funky swivel added and a bit long in the prototype versions. But the biner's turned out to be hell for stout, easy on and off head or spike on almost any tool we were using and never got in the way. The nylon tape used didn't freeze up even when soaked and the funky little mini swivel kept things untangled for even my klutziest, umbilical hating, partners. The guys already using umbilicals liked the BD prototypes better than their own home made rigs or the Grivel setup with wire gate or locker. By the end of last season even I was convinced as the BD swivel made tight mixed less annoying with umbilicals :)

Glad BD finally made them available commercially so the bitches will stop trying to steal mine.

Moke stokage!

Our own, immortal, Jr. Flyboy in action sans umbilicals :)

whip.JPG

2588_1116873797590_1099338977_30396502_1333445_n.jpg

and me on the ice above groveling through a fair size section of overhanging califlower with umbilicals and a TR....

2588_1116873957594_1099338977_30396505_376214_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got to play with it at the OR show this year. It felt seemed like they kinda copied the Nomic, only this seemed to have a slightly different swing. It felt a little heavier than the Nomic to me. I've been wanting a set of Nomic's for several years now and I think I'm still going to go with them. They swing great for me.

Count me in on the Bozeman carpool!

Got to handle the tool recently. Nicely done BD.

Some differences I noticed between the nomic and this are

- that is indeed a MICRO HAMMER on there!

- removable spike at the bottom for cragging/alpine

- adjustable grip that doesn't change the angle of the pinky rest

- metal at tip of the upper match

Looking forward to climbing some pitches in em.