• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
DPS

New Things That I like

New Things That I Like:

MSR Pocket Rocket Stove

Second Ascent

Lithium Batteries

Grivel Racing Air Tech Ice Axe

Black Diamond Betamid Tent

Old Things That I Still Like:

Patagonia Talus Pants

Western Mountaineering Apache Sleeping Bag

McHale SARC Pack

Leeper Cam Hooks

Old thing I still like: Sport bras, Guinness

New thing I like: Spaghetti straps, bouldering pads that turn into shagadelic love mats at night.

get chummy with someone who can get you Pro Deals( hey, wait, I test gear for MSR, I can get it at cost!!)

Things I like(gear wise)

Absolutely second Daniel Patrick Smith, the Black Diamond Betamind is a frickin' stellar shelter, it is DA BOMB!

How about, New Strech Woven fabrics Scholler Dynamic rules the roost for maximum comfort and versatility!

The new generation of LED headlamps. May not be good for glacier travel but great reading/emergency light and they weigh practically nothing.

Oh yeah, and spaghetti straps!

[This message has been edited by jblakley (edited 07-31-2001).]

MSR Pocket Rocket also uses other cannister fuels. Jim Nelson, owner of Pro Mtn Sports in U-District, assured me his $3.99 cannister (forget manufacturer, silver container, orange plastic cap) would be fine. I've used it 15 times and compared it to MSR cannister and experience no difference.

Somebody got some tech reason MSR P.R. should not be used with other's cannisters??

I use 0.5ounce per hot meal, so this 7.8ounce cannister lasts me 8 to 10 days.

new: zipka LED headlamp by petzl, 5.10 UFO shoes, patagonia silkweight capilene

old: gerber scout multitool, boreal ace shoes, helly hansen polyoro LIFA mid 70's

New things that I like: Friends. Yeah man, they seem like a big improvement over trying to fiddle a hex into a parallel crack.

I've heard that the MSR canisters IsoPro canisters work better under cold conditions. This may be a good reason to get em, but most of those kind of stoves work with any canister.

Dave

New things I like:

- anything made of Schoeller

- Koflach plastic boots

- Orchard Street Brewery

Old things I still like:

- Petzl Ecrin Roc helmets

- CM Quasars

- Pabst Blue Ribbon

Quote:

"New things that I like: Friends. Yeah man, they seem like a big improvement over trying to fiddle a hex into a parallel crack."

You rock Pope! You missed your calling in life.

And while we're at it, these Boreal Fire shoes have caused me to consider retiring my EB's....something I thought I'd never say.

C'mon,

I wanna hear someone from the mountaineers say they like those Subaru wagons. I know you do cuz I see tons of them in the icicle.

Oh yeah and I almost forgot. Cell phones so some people can get rescued off of mtns. Or to bring on the masses of rap bolters after the likes of me tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Cpt.Caveman (edited 08-07-2001).]

Thing I like:

My A5 double gear sling/chest harness. I wear it all the time now, even to work. I clip pens, my wallet, a coffee mug, lip balm, car keys, leftovers- to it. It is so handy, much better than those cargo pants with the multiple big pockets that I used to wear. I am gradually duct taping accessory cord to everything I own so that I can carry it around on my double gear sling.

neutrino biners

c4 resoles

old ropes

patagonia strech light jacket

all beer

Titsmack,

Can you please post a diagram of that design? How do you have your Latte Mug lashed down. Please be more specific unless you plan on patenting this design.

wink.gif