Ropeup 2009!

olyclimber

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

solid Ropeup! that was a great weekend, lots of faces new and old to me. we pretty near emptied both kegs, so i appreciate all who did me the favor of emptying them so i would not throw out my back loading them up into my truck. also, an IMPRESSIVE number of Polish sausages were consumed.

more later, but a big thanks to:

Steve @ Terminal Gravity!!!!! :brew:

Sol (Slideshow +he passed the hat for the Index Fund!)

Who ever loaned the laptop for Sol's slideshow

Wayne (movies + years of supporting the ropeup with slideshows)

Telemarker (Slideshow with a a couple of "bonus" slides)

Marcin (projector and laptop)

Geoff for the screen

Britta for making breakfast

Sobo and Kurt and others for sticking around to help me close out the campsite "leave no trace" style.

all that lended a hand when something needed to be done.

Everyone who showed up.

this was one of a my favorite ropeups todate to put on. I really like the Bridge Creek groupsite, and the work I did in clarifying our image with the campground host and the Forest Service paid off I think. we also had a good campfire both Friday and Saturday night, and many many lies were swapped i'm sure. unfortunately the group that showed up may have permanently ruined CC.com's reputation for being a bunch of near'do-wells.

3955860377_13085a30a2_b.jpg

oh yes! its just called sausage fest because it is normally held at a Sausage Place! Usually at least one girl shows up. ;)

And kicks your ass in the push up contest!

Sorry to miss rope up this year, it was terribly inconsiderate of my Massachusetts dwelling mother-in-law to have a 90th birthday party on the same weekend, and my attendance there was less optional than I once thought.

Thanks for the great ropeup PORTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a blast showing slides on friday night, thanks everyone for your patience in figuring out our technical difficulties and thanks Max Hasson for sorting out those technical difficulties.

I was able to raise $85 bucks for the WCC Index fund!