Ropeup 2009!

olyclimber

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody want to do a trail run on Sunday or perhaps just hike up and tag Little Anapurna?

I don't want to do any running, but am interested in Little Anapurna.

Ivan, are you going this year?

reckon - haven't cleared it w/ The Man yet, but seems propitious - gotta sort out an appropriate stupid route to do - probably will rope some poor pdx fool to roadtrip w/ - you gonna show ken?

Ask Kyle Flick and TeleRoss how much of a "quick jaunt" that is...

Umm...that would be the other freeheel'r! Flagpole is doable in a good day via Little Annapurna

TeleRoss, telemarker... I knew it was tele something! :)

The search function was in the shitter the day I posted that, so I went with the tele* that came to mind first.

My bad, telemarker. :wave:

Hopefully (we) will all be drunk and offend as many of our fellows as possible. If this years ropeup is half the fun as last years good times will be had. I'll even add commentary to other people's slideshows.

Geoff, I for one am looking forward to your tourettes-style narration to the slideshows.

Ask Kyle Flick and TeleRoss how much of a "quick jaunt" that is...

Umm...that would be the other freeheel'r! Flagpole is doable in a good day via Little Annapurna

TeleRoss, telemarker... I knew it was tele something! :)

The search function was in the shitter the day I posted that, so I went with the tele* that came to mind first.

My bad, telemarker. :wave:

No prob! I blend in with all the other tele'ers. But we eastsiders have to stick together...

I'll drop by some wood on Friday, If the beer is cold !

Thanks! I'm coming up Friday as early as I can. There will probably also be a slideshow on Friday night put on by Sol, in addition to Saturday night's slideshow. If your interested in hear Sol talk about the new routes he has been doing, you'll want to be up in time for that. We'll probably start that one a little later.

no we have to play by the rules this year fellers.

1. parking has to be done in a manner that allows emergency vehicle access.

2. if you're coming to ropeup, please use our groupsite for free camping. that way if one of us misbehaves, we can better manage the situation in house. last year a group camping at the other end of campground broke beer bottles in the fire, etc. the campground host reportedly said that they said they were us. i don't actually think they were...but whatever.

3. no spitting

4. Ivan, you may not put your tent up in front of the bathroom facilities doors. anyway there is a certain innate danger with doing so aside from it pisses off the campground host.

5. There is no rule 5.

The guys at the other end near the CG host were the guys who were from the south and brought moonshine. They weren't part of our group until they met a group of us at classic crack and climbed a bit and came to understand that we a lot of beer.

Lookin forward to it. I might be working, but in Leavenworth so I should be able to drink even if I can't climb. :brew: