Intro to Mountaineering classes? Practice areas?

Elife

I'd like to find a more affordable option for a few hours of basic instruction on mountaineering if they exist. Everything I've seen runs anywhere from 150 per person on up to 300 for a full day lesson. I was hoping to find like 3-4 hours of instruction with a medium or large group somewhere for 50-75 if possible. I have most of the gear and can rent what I lack. Also, could anyone recommend a good location to practice the skills once acquired? Something on Hood or within a 2-3 hour drive of Portland? As it is I'm thinking of heading to Cooper Spur to play on some of the lower elevation ice/snow I ran in to a couple of weeks back. Thanks guys, this is a great site for info and the posts are pretty sweet and useful.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind...Joe at Oregon Peak Adventures hooked me up and we spent a great day training on Hood. If you're a newbie looking for a friendly option and small class size, I recommend them.

www.oregonpeakadventures.com

Thanks, Joe!