Shi Shi Beach / Point of Arches climbing beta?

TBay

recently read a couple accounts from through-hikers observing climbing anchors on a couple of formations in the Point of Arches area. i'm looking to spend some family time on shi shi beach in the near future and am needing to know if its worthwhile to hump in a rack along with my shoes. i plan on doing a little exploratory bouldering, but am wondering if these purported observations noted above are indeed established routes. climbing beta for the area would be greatly appreciated.

...unless the rock is complete choss i dont see how this stack does not contain a route or two:

252846813_ee9ab1fd3e.jpg

courtesy: mchl_hannam (flickr)

thanks

Edited by TBay

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think any of those sea stacks that aren't permanently connected to the shore by land are considered both marine bird sanctuaries and tribal sacred locations and are thus strictly off limits to scrambling and climbing. Somebody let me know if I'm wrong.

I've also generally encountered very chossy crumbly rock out there anyways although there are a couple of spots where the clams have dug into the rock that are fun to boulder.