Pinnacle PK Hootowl Honeymoon

LUCKY

Hootowl...comes from an old logging term used when you git up before dawn hit the brush at daylight to get your work day done.

I got married on Friday, had the wedding party on Saturday, was way hung over on Sunday, tried for Pinnacle on Monday, got to the trail head at noon …sweltering hot… bailed

Wife wakes me up at 4 am on Tuesday and says lets go… we got to the trail head about 6.30 ,summit time …shit I don’t know I didn't have a watch, got back to the car at 9.30 headed home to the AC

Any more beta and I might ruin the onsight for someone.

You know you married the right babe when she wakes you up at 4am to go climbing…she is such a KEEPER

The rings are in the center of the picture

1061.JPG

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pinnacle peak

Love that long scramble and bitch’n choss

8/17 1:58 car to car

Think the crotchy old men pope and raindawg can beat my time?

I've climbed Pinnacle Peak something like 167 times (it was my first ever climb in 1973 and I love the peak) including over 30 ascents of the North Ridge, numerous on the east ridge and two different routes on the spooky and crumbly north face. I've climbed the east ridge to the summit from the road in 35 minutes and round trip from Paradise in less than two hours. Could I do it that fast again? Maybe...but right now, I ain't got the time or energy to try. But two hours car to car ain't shabby.

Pinnacle peak

Love that long scramble and bitch’n choss

8/17 1:58 car to car

Think the crotchy old men pope and raindawg can beat my time?

I've climbed Pinnacle Peak something like 167 times (it was my first ever climb in 1973 and I love the peak) including over 30 ascents of the North Ridge, numerous on the east ridge and two different routes on the spooky and crumbly north face. I've climbed the east ridge to the summit from the road in 35 minutes and round trip from Paradise in less than two hours. Could I do it that fast again? Maybe...but right now, I ain't got the time or energy to try. But two hours car to car ain't shabby.

:lmao:

Actually Raindawg, it's more like the East Face, or the NE Face, but likely not the N Face (since there's a distinct N Ridge).

I don't think I have photos of you when we did the E Face. However, I distinctly remember driving up and back in the Green Sled, listening to Rumors on the way home.

Oh, and congrats, Lucky!

:lmao:

I was trying to be polite if not funny to you.

Waste of time as usual.

Sounds like you were brag'n

billcoe likes to say, if you don't have pictures it didn't really happen.

Yeah I turned 55 yesterday, I was happy with my time, give it a go Dawg. :brew:

I agree, Lucky...you were talking about your recent marriage, and then all of a sudden, a litany of RD's accomplishments were placed upon the coattail of your significant personal fortune. Nothing 'bout your recent wedding was mentioned...

The rings were cool...nice touch. You're kind of a sentimental guy. Your bride is no doubt a lucky person, too. :)

Oh, and happy birthday, dude! Did you know you can get a 10% discount a Ivars now that you're 55? Their salmon dinner isn't a bad option when on the road...

Too bad I'm not 55, Lucky...not yet, anyhow. ;)

Oh yea, baby, I KNOW Pinnacle all too well. Did do the E face with Raindawg years ago, but his memory is fading...and he's not recalling. Certainly a sign of old age. I really doubt he could beat your recent time...he's resting on the laurels of his past... like usual.

Too bad I'm not 55, Lucky...not yet, anyhow. ;)

Oh yea, baby, I KNOW Pinnacle all too well. Did do the E face with Raindawg years ago, but his memory is fading...and he's not recalling. Certainly a sign of old age. I really doubt he could beat your recent time...he's resting on the laurels of his past... like usual.

No, dude....it was the Northeast Face, remember? Whose memory is fading? Way to throw your old buddy under the bus, Jason. You have no idea what I have been up to in the mountains nor how fast or slow I might be.

But happy birthday, Lucky....I hope your next 55 years are full of fun and adventure.

funny-picture-1240828643.jpg