Sport vs Trad

Raindawg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, sport and trad are different things...get over it. neither is really more bad ass than the other. You're probably just mad cuz you can't face climb.

No, dude...the future is going to judge the current legitimization of sport-climbing as a Dark Age in which the "leave no trace" ethic, adopted by most outdoor pursuits during the last 40 years, has been recklessly ignored for convenience and self-gratification. And mostly on public property....enjoy it while it lasts, because it's not going to last forever.

P.S. It has nothing to do with being "bad ass"...I also face climb just fine.

The only way to leave no trace at all would be to kill yourself immediately.

Or ban him again and then we don't have to listen to this infinite non-blissful same song rant?

hitler_army_baby_pic.JPG

Baby Hitler is shaking his fist for banning again. I feel that's too harsh, Don is a valuable contributor, calm down BH, calm down.

Robotics_resized.jpg

Yo Dawg, the Lil Dawg (seen below) and I just added some new chains (one seen above) in a public park inside of the city limits. I should be arrested for this affront to the general population. Lord knows that they should have plenty of time to ignore the hookers having public sex, hypodermic needles, assholes throwing bottles at people from above, murders and major trauma vehicle accidents nearby so as to prevent people from enjoying this form of recreational activity? Seriously?

lil_dawg_small1.jpg

dude, sport and trad are different things...get over it. neither is really more bad ass than the other. You're probably just mad cuz you can't face climb.

i never got sport climbing, ground up makes so much more sense. it's like getting hired as a CEO and then working your way down to a janitorial position.

why not just toprope it, what's the differnece?

The only way to leave no trace at all would be to kill yourself immediately.

That's a pretty extreme response.

Some of you guys are really, seriously, warped.

Or ban him again and then we don't have to listen to his sh*t.

Hey robot...you post a picture of "Hitler" yet you yourself want to ban people with alternate perspectives. Think about it.

thought_police.gifthoughtpolice_a.gif

And think about this:

a) if you can convince the moderators to ban me for my viewpoints, go to it!

b) you don't have to listen to my sh*t...no one is making you do it...turn the channel and/or don't respond.

Fools, reason will not work against his force field of immutable principles. Set phasers to ban.

See above.

Lil_Bill.jpg

Dawg, I think you're making some erroneous assumptions.

Drederek's a good guy, I think his point is that just being alive has an impact, so if you really want to leave no trace you have to change that status. If leaving no trace is your highest value, that observation represents the logical endpoint.

I'd be shocked if Bill was actually advocating banning you, I think he was just responding to someone's suggestion with some playful blather and use of some of his stock images. Don't you just hate it when some guy has a fistful of photos he keeps using over and over and over again?

Thanks for starting your own thread rather than riding roughshod over someone's TR or question. :tup:

Dawg, I think you're making some erroneous assumptions.

Drederek's a good guy, I think his point is that just being alive has an impact, so if you really want to leave no trace you have to change that status. If leaving no trace is your highest value, that observation represents the logical endpoint.

I'd be shocked if Bill was actually advocating banning you, I think he was just responding to someone's suggestion with some playful blather and use of some of his stock images. Don't you just hate it when some guy has a fistful of photos he keeps using over and over and over again?

Thanks for starting your own thread rather than riding roughshod over someone's TR or question. :tup:

:tup: :tup:

LOL, sorry there -I changed my post to more accurately reflect my view of the truth. Don, I really do enjoy you (with this single issue exception of course) and I'm sorry about playing the baby Hitler card so early in the thread, but I was going for entertaining and like you I don't have the creativity or the intelligence to start fresh so I pulled this out of the same old hat as you got your tired old material:-)

Didn't mean to sound so offensive! samesame.jpg

And I took Drederek post to mean just what he said, not that you should kill yourself. Bring on the mountain bike Trip Reports now!!!!

ps, what Off says about starting a new thread instead of bringing this onto an existing thread also goes for me. Sure it will all wind up in spray 15 seconds after kevbone shows up, but it will be YOUR spray!! LOL And there are folks who totally get very cranky about any new bolts in this park where none have existed for 40 years on existing climbs, and I try and be respectful of their viewpoints. These are adding a large bolt to backup some well used questionable older ones. It use to be a quarry and they trashed the shit out of the place with massive blasting etc etc. Eventually, all of the evidence of that work is slowly disappearing. Their use to be a guards hut there and a hut for blasting material storage, and all that is visible is some faint, moss covered outlines of some old foundations. This too will pass, much like other civilizations and their efforts.

Lil Dawg thinks his other side is better.

Sigh......GD, sometimes these inanimate objects just suck with these continual incessant irrational demands....but here you go. No, I won't give in to these unreasonable demands. Here's a happy bolter pic instead. Notice the Jimmy Opdycke signature line of Forrest Wall Hammers at work vis a vis the subtle interplay of rock and metal.....

Happy_bolter_045.jpg