Sport vs Trad

Raindawg

Nuttin spectacular. A mellow saunter up to Sprite Lake to catch up on some New Yorkers, give the camera a work out, and plan my next bolting project.

3799002238_d2e0025ba4.jpg

Hover Fly (chrysotoxum arcuatum)

But you'll never get anything spectacular out of me, anyway, because, you know, I'm primarily an alpinist with a really boring job.

how were the bugs? they've been pretty heinous the last few weeks - kind of like Raindawg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta hand it to Dawg, when he needs to be the center of attention (which seems to be all the time), he knows where to come to get his fill.

Oh come on now tvashie, everyone knows you're the center of attention around here. well, at least someone thinks so....

btw, i like your photos. hover flies are my faves!

Hopefully, this shift in center-of-attention will kill this cancerous pustule of a thread. J F C, enough bitchin' already.

Well now both 5K and you have brought up religion so we have about another 40 pages to go.

Religion would solve this whole mess.

Soon as I get a little better at Yoga, I'm not even gonna need rocks. God willing.

Bolts on sport climbs seem like a minor league problem.

Could we please focus our attention on a real problem.

[img:center]http://www.seattlewildlifecontrol.com/images/nutriaw.jpg[/img]

Northwest Nuisance Wildlife Control

Here at NNWC, we are finding more and more nutria in the Puget Sound areas around Lake Washington. They were once here back in the 1970's and 1980's, and then gone around 1985.

Nutria started showing up again in the same areas in 2005. They have been seen in Lake Union and are found in Lake Washington.

We have seen quite a bit of damage from this critter already. Our control programs for nutria are both non-lethal and lethal.

When lethal control is used, we follow the rules and guidelines stated by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. Nutria are not native to the State of Washington.

Getting rid of invasive animal species takes a State Agency. I don't see any State Agencies focused on rap bolts.

Bolts on sport climbs seem like a minor league problem.

Could we please focus our attention on a real problem.

[img:center]http://www.seattlewildlifecontrol.com/images/nutriaw.jpg[/img]

Northwest Nuisance Wildlife Control

Here at NNWC, we are finding more and more nutria in the Puget Sound areas around Lake Washington. They were once here back in the 1970's and 1980's, and then gone around 1985.

Nutria started showing up again in the same areas in 2005. They have been seen in Lake Union and are found in Lake Washington.

We have seen quite a bit of damage from this critter already. Our control programs for nutria are both non-lethal and lethal.

When lethal control is used, we follow the rules and guidelines stated by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. Nutria are not native to the State of Washington.

Getting rid of invasive animal species takes a State Agency. I don't see any State Agencies focused on rap bolts.

Oh noes, snaffles have invaded our water-ways!!

this must be due to global warming (and Bush). discuss.

This afternoon I'm headed up to Raindawg, er, I mean Rainier to take my buddy from OrEEgun up. I promised him a summit attempt if he survived his recent brain tumor. Fucker's still alive, so up I go for the umpty umpth time.

:brew: to a good time, perfect weather, no cancer for anyone and an awesome fun summit day for you both! Watch the loose rocks knocked from those above you, Ujahn was up there last week on the std route midweek and gave me that report.

Retarded.jpg

i doubt any of you would post this kind of sheit if'n you had a kid suffering from developmental disabilities.

that might be true, but that doesn't make it any less funny - if you can't laugh about the worst shit in life, how on earth are you going to keep from drinking the koolaid? :)

So, it's all good with ya'll if we pull photos from TR's and other websites, even work related ones, just for the purpose of making fun of each other? I know a number of people who don't post TR's to this site for fear of being made fun of, this sort of behavior is tasteless and boorish. Raindawg, for all that you bitterly complain when you're the subject of this sort of thing, you're the worst offender.

No man...when it's about climbing, it's fair game...when it comes to one's personal life, it shouldn't be on the table.

So, it's all good with ya'll if we pull photos from TR's and other websites, even work related ones, just for the purpose of making fun of each other? I know a number of people who don't post TR's to this site for fear of being made fun of, this sort of behavior is tasteless and boorish. Raindawg, for all that you bitterly complain when you're the subject of this sort of thing, you're the worst offender.

No man...when it's about climbing, it's fair game...when it comes to one's personal life, it shouldn't be on the table.

Look, gramps woke up from his nap!

I was under the impression that on this site (Cascadeclimbers.com) pulling others trip reports and climbing pictures and putting them in spray to make fun of them was out of bounds. What gives me this impression was the tongue lashing Kevbone got from Porter when he did it not that long ago.

ps, did you read my last diatribe Don? I've read all of yours and think I have a good response to you.

Hey Super-Youngster with all them new-fangled thoughtless persectives on climbing! We'd discuss this all on the summit of Rainier...if you could get there.

Hey Super-Youngster with all them new-fangled thoughtless persectives on climbing! We'd discuss this all on the summit of Rainier...if you could get there.

oh, now we're including hiking in this discussion?