Sport vs Trad

Raindawg

Got anything you want to say about sport vs. trad climbing?

The word in bold is the problem you fucktard.

I personally prefer trad, particularly grade II-III alpine outings up to 5.8 or so.

I don't denigrate people who prefer other styles of climbing - especially not with your maniacal (and laughable) obsession.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally prefer trad, particularly grade II-III alpine outings up to 5.8 or so.

I don't denigrate people who prefer other styles of climbing - especially not with your maniacal (and laughable) obsession.

wonders never cease. alpha-ruskie-boi actually said something of substance, AND i agree with it. lack of alkohol in blood-stream?

now...can't we all agree that bashing kevvy and pinkie is a worthy pursuit and drop this now?

I dunno... this thread might give the "climbers for Christ" thread a run for its money. That in itself may be a reason to continue.

there seem to be far more "cunts for christ"

do you think the 200+ children i saw dressed in fatigues, organized into platoons, marching up the beacon rock hiking trail shouting bizarre jesus shit the other day were climbers for jc?

Off... Sport-climbers have demeaned the climbing experience

see, this is the problem: you have a solipsistic view of climbing, and that's why it seems people have the frustration they have with you. you project your personal internal perception outwards, universalizing it into a broad ethical maxim: "THE Climbing Experience has been demeaned, I Proclaim!" (Not A climbing experience, or MY climbing experience, but THE (universal) climbing experience!).

Children have this perspective (and certain clinically diagnosed (for what it's worth) sociopaths), usually outgrowing it and developing the ability to see the world from differing perspectives (ideally, i'd say).

the ego doesn't like this perspective very much, because its platform for grandstanding and complete individuation is removed. it can be very threatening to see one's perspective and opinions as somehow not the "final word", but only different angles on a broad almost infinite continuum.

it's much easier to simply rail mono-syllabically "bolts BAD!" or "communism BAD!" (courtesy of one of our other demagogues), than to juggle multiple viewpoints and their attendant relationships.

What does my profession (which you clearly don't understand), my role in my profession (which you clearly don't know much about nor understand)or the ancient Egyptians have to do with climbing practices in 2009?

The answer? NOTHING.

You previously posted that you were going to work on an excavation in the Valley of the Kings. I can't think of a worse example of raping the rock than the Egyptians carving out that monstrosity all in human vanity. Now that the earth has retaken that soil, you are eager to uncover the blemish. In the mean time you harp on with your anti-bolt crusade while you adore the Egyptians. The hypocrisy is laughable. If the connection is not clear, than your mental process is as addled as JH's, Kevbone's, or Kimmo's. :wave:

Sorry K but your understanding of archeology is exposing a distinct ignorance.

Be Miles Davis!

Had climbing been of interest, the last thing thing Miles would have been is a sport climber and the venue he'd least have been interested in would be a gym - Miles was all about risking.

And the mere idea that there is anything avante garde about the riskless entertainment climbing the suburban hordes have glommed onto is just the sort of self-fulfilling delusion that attracts them in the first place.