Sport vs Trad

Raindawg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is dangerous and what is ethical/good style are two different discussions. Dont bad mouth someone else's style behind a guise of "it's dangerous"

We all make seperate safety decisions that we alone have to be responsible for

John - I don't bad mouth someone else's style behind a guise of "it's dangerous" - I bad mouth it on both counts independently - it sucks ethically and it's incredibly stupid from a safety perspective. But you're right, people are certainly free to make stupid decisions for themselves.

What is dangerous and what is ethical/good style are two different discussions. Dont bad mouth someone else's style behind a guise of "it's dangerous"

John - I don't bad mouth someone else's style behind a guise of "it's dangerous" - I bad mouth it on both counts independently - it sucks ethically and it's incredibly stupid from a safety perspective. But you're right, people are certainly free to make stupid decisions for themselves.

exactly. I'm all for dumbasses being allowed to dose with LSD before climbing - no matter how fucking stupid that is

RuMR - it could just be that, appearances to the contrary at times, that you're simply not an idiot and do actually manage to maintain plain common sense when dogging on gear. But your experience isn't everyone else's and you clearly haven't been following along the various forums if you've missed those accidents - he'll we've had a couple of it out at Beacon in recent years.

And actually I'm really good at gear, but then I also don't dog on it, good or marginal.

I'm all for dumbasses being allowed to dose with LSD before climbing - no matter how fucking stupid that is

But then of course, you have no fucking idea how stupid or not that might or might not be so it's a pretty mute point beyond you simply talking out your ass...

Pulling on gear is yet another subtopic and another bad idea unless of course you're an alpine guy.

RuMR - it could just be that, appearances to the contrary at times, that you're simply not an idiot and do actually manage to maintain plain common sense when dogging on gear. But your experience isn't everyone else's and you clearly haven't been following along the various forums if you've missed those accidents - he'll we've had a couple of it out at Beacon in recent years.

And actually I'm really good at gear, but then I also don't dog on it, good or marginal.

so, you're OK with people placing gear and falling on it, but they shouldn't dog it because they might not have set it right.

:lmao:

so, you're OK with people placing gear and falling on it, but they shouldn't dog it because they might not have set it right.

You can laugh your ass off, but the point you're missing is it's two entirely different things - the first is weighting it or falling on it once; the second is about not rechecking it each and everytime before heading up above it again after doing so. If you can't figure out the difference it's too sad to laugh about.

Style matters when it affects other people. Someone dogging their way to the top of a route doesnt affect you in any way unless they attempt to claim a FA and fail to report the moves of aid.

Taking issue with how someone else climbs that doesnt affect you in anyway is frankly silly.

I'm all for dumbasses being allowed to dose with LSD before climbing - no matter how fucking stupid that is

But then of course, you have no fucking idea how stupid or not that might or might not be so it's a pretty mute point beyond you simply talking out your ass...

tell us how smart it is, fucknut :wave:

and its "moot" not "mute" - too bad you don't exhibit more of the latter quality rather than your verbal, drug-inspired diarrhea of the mind :wave:

i doubt he's really the type that would appreciate anything but a liquor-induced lobotomy. which it seems as though he has permanently given himself.

trying to have any discourse with him is impossible; single sentence platitudes are about the extent of his cognitive repertoire.

I've had more bolts break on me unexpectedly than gear placements pull when I've hung on them. (Free climbing)

Anyway JH your drifitng away from the subject of my post .....

you and me need to lose some weight! hahahahaha Edited by RuMR

i doubt he's really the type that would appreciate anything but a liquor-induced lobotomy. which it seems as though he has permanently given himself.

trying to have any discourse with him is impossible; single sentence platitudes are about the extent of his cognitive repertoire.

based on your position on vaccination alone, you are in absolutely no position to judge anyone else's cognitive abilities