Ozone

alexbaker

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Dustin told me that a loose rock got knocked off revealing that little pocket. Without that pocket it is a harder route.

Wow never thought I'd hear Kevbone complaining about having bolts. Maybe we can split the difference take out two bolts and bang in some #1 KBs? J.K.

Wow old thread. Thanks for the responses. Anyway, I would suggest around .11b, being consistent w/ Ozone. One of the best of the few I've touched at Ozone though.

p.s. I'm a self admitting wussy sport climber, kevbone.

Alex

Edited by alexbaker

• 2 weeks later...
Wow old thread. Thanks for the responses. Anyway, I would suggest around .11b, being consistent w/ Ozone. One of the best of the few I've touched at Ozone though.

p.s. I'm a self admitting wussy sport climber, kevbone.

Alex

Shit, that's not what I heard. I heard you were a bonifide bad ass. My sources may have been high though. Hmmmmm

Give it a spin, one of the better routes out there. I would suspect the reason that you never see anyone on it is because there is one move on it that isn't a huge jug. I know, an Ozone route that requires a brief moment of effort! No worries, that moment is brief at the bottom and then the route goes back to the usual jug haul to the anchors. 5.Fun for sure...

when we first started to put up sport routes at ozone, we all expected masterpiece would be super-popular, and we all made a point of getting the send and putting our friends on this route. it seemed to stay pretty popular after that, so i'm surprised to hear it's anything but well-chalked and travelled.

i think you can even hang/aid your way through the one lower crux, and there's nothing harder than 11a (at most) the rest of the way, so it's hardly a committing kind of route....