in SEA fr out of town, need to buy rock shoes ASAP

reddirt

Long story short I'm writing this from the E coast as my partner is in SEA & needs to get rock shoes (for long trad/Stuart NR) ASAP!!

Where, aside from the evil empREI to go? He's already checked out MMW in Bellvue but no luck. I told him to chk out 2nd ascent but need other places to look to maximize selection b/c he is a pain in the ass to fit (mega high arch, hate mythos). I also said to chk out Vertical World.

Any places that might work other than the ones mentioned above that's a reasonable drive from NE?

Thanks!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is NE?

Pro Mountain Sports has very limited rock shoe selection...awesome store for other stuff but abismal for rock shoes.

Feathered Friends (across the street from rei) has these... mostly performance models:

http://www.featheredfriendsretail.com/footwear-climbing.html

Second ascent is a good bet, they tend to have the best variety of not-super-agro shoes that might work well for long routes...alot more then are listed on their website too.

Stone gardens has anasazi vcs, mocasyms and mythos.

If he is allready on the east side leavenworth mountain sports had a surprisingly good rock shoe selection last time i was in...lots of performance shoes from several brands but i don't remember if they had good long route shoes.

What is NE?

NE Northgate & 19th Streets Seattle, WA 98125

Pro Mountain Sports has very limited rock shoe selection...awesome store for other stuff but abismal for rock shoes.

ya, I spoke w/ the on the pone the other day. Super super helpful.

Feathered Friends (across the street from rei) has these... mostly performance models:

http://www.featheredfriendsretail.com/footwear-climbing.html

Second ascent is a good bet, they tend to have the best variety of not-super-agro shoes that might work well for long routes...alot more then are listed on their website too.

Stone gardens has anasazi vcs, mocasyms and mythos.

If he is allready on the east side leavenworth mountain sports had a surprisingly good rock shoe selection last time i was in...lots of performance shoes from several brands but i don't remember if they had good long route shoes.

RyanB: you are most helpful!! thanks so much! I think we're launching off from some cabin near Roslyn so your Leavenworth recommendation is uber helpful. :tup:

:tup::brew:

Edited by reddirt

Roslyn is not super close to leavenworth unless you are taking highway 2 for another reason or accessing Stuart up mountaineers creek in which case its on the way...I think second ascent is your best bet and closest to north gate too...they have an eclectic selection with lots of discontinued models/odd sizes but stock more comfort/beginner shoes then any other store in town.

Vertical world (not sure what they stock...anyone else know?) and stone gardens are in the same area too.

Failing that head down to feathered friends and failing that rei is right across the street...

• 2 weeks later...