Mount Stuart this Weekend!

Josh Lewis

Who wants to climb Mount Stuart this weekend? I have scrambling experience wether it's steep rock, snow and all that good stuff. This trip might be an overnighter depending on what is prefible of who's going. So I hear the route is estimated to be around 12 or so miles. The Peak is 9,411 feet high.

Cascadian_Topographic_map.JPG

Email me at: admin@hikrs.com

Edited by Josh Lewis

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh,

you will never be able to do this big bugger in a day! A lot of gain and loss. Just think. You have trouble with the slog up to camp muir. that is an easy slog. Stuart, for those who are seasoned it is an easy slog but for those who don't get out as much (you) it will be a steep tough climb. just think the standard route you gain, then loose, then gain, then loose, then gain, then loose. Not easy at all!!! It will kick your ass in the condition you are in now. take 2 or 3 days and you will be successful!

you can do this one with the proper partners and plenty of time.

:-)

Edited by tazz

for fucks sake josh, go hiking. put in like three years. break it in sections and focus on pieces. do something in Henry Jackson, something in Pinchot, something in Alpine Lakes, something in the parks... yada yada. get a feel for our range and appreciate it. learn to have a reason to complain about how trails are routed. get your back country shit figured out dude. your fucking ridiculous.

Awww your cramping my style... first off, some of you guys are acting as though I have no scrambling experience.... hiking? I want to go forword, not backwords.... although mabe it would not quite be going backwords hiking, but still, I've already been hiking for years, but this year probably made the most irresponsible choices of this year. Is Stuart really over my head?

The dog route on Stuart is doable for many in a day. There is a bit of up and down, but it's nothing more than a scramble.

I seem to remember some steep snow down to the bottom of col from the pass.

I saw folks camping at the base of the col, which would be fun.

While I'm not recommending anything, it might be cool to camp at the base for a night and see how things go.

Having done Stuart last month via the Cascadian, it is not much more than a scramble. But in this heat, you should definitely take 2 days, and stay hydrated. There isn't any camping spots if you leave Ingalls creek area until you reach a shelf at about 7600'. But it's a pain hauling a loaded pack up that scree field.

Good luck if you go.

There are way better scrambles out there than the Cascadian, Josh. The cascadian is to scrambling what a nasty, toothless whore is to beautiful women. Sure, you can tell people you got laid, but in the end you'll just hate yourself.

Have you climbed Mt. Pugh? That would probably be a good day trip for you.

Josh,

you will never be able to do this big bugger in a day! A lot of gain and loss. Just think. You have trouble with the slog up to camp muir. that is an easy slog. Stuart, for those who are seasoned it is an easy slog but for those who don't get out as much (you) it will be a steep tough climb. just think the standard route you gain, then loose, then gain, then loose, then gain, then loose. Not easy at all!!! It will kick your ass in the condition you are in now. take 2 or 3 days and you will be successful!

you can do this one with the proper partners and plenty of time.

:-)

Let him try it. After an (partial?) ascent of the Cascadian he may give up this "climbing" idea. :grlaf:

Go for it Josh! Live YOUR life, not the life that others would have you live.

"There are those few, driven to flame, while most are content to drown in the wake of dreams."

Thanks! I think I'm ready for this bad boy. It's interesting how the acual people who know me are fine with the idea of me going up Stuart. I'm telling ya, if some of you guys acually knew me, I think you would be fine with the idea of me going to Stuart. That quote reminds me of another "If your going to go down, go down in flames!" -Simon

I don't know who EastKing is and could care less [about his supposed opinions on Stuart].

I feel you are disrespecting the mountain by calling it a bad boy.

You can say that it would be a challenge for you, and you can say it would be a personal accomplishment to reach the top of it, and we would be supportive of you for growing on the peak, but don't say you conquered it, and don't be too proud.

Edited by Gary_Yngve

Ohhhh Ok. When I said bad, I meant tough, rugged, ect. Conquering a mountain heh! That's a nearly impossible goal. :laf:

But I'm not thinkin I have much of a disrespect for the mountains. I honor them more than, well be they guy like "Oh yeah I conquered the mountain". But Stuart is a tough one I hear.