Mount Stuart this Weekend!

Josh Lewis

If I ever cross paths with you in the back cunt I'm gonna smack you with a glove. You make me sick.

Josh, don't listen to what people like this say to you. You are ready for Stuart, and good luck on your trip!

I have heard, however, that it's not too fun, but that's just a matter of opinion- if you are not enjoying it, turn around. Having fun is the most important thing (well after safety, of course!)

-Mark

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I ever cross paths with you in the back cunt I'm gonna smack you with a glove. You make me sick.

Josh, don't listen to what people like this say to you. You are ready for Stuart, and good luck on your trip!

I have heard, however, that it's not too fun, but that's just a matter of opinion- if you are not enjoying it, turn around. Having fun is the most important thing (well after safety, of course!)

-Mark

Kudos for this post! 100% agreed! Man, for a moment back there I thought you were goign to tell me not even to scramble... I liked your other priority list

1: Safty

2: Staying friends

3: Fun

4: Summit

As for Stuart, I'll probably have lots of fun!

Josh--are you looking for partners and "route" beta, or for motivational words of encouragement and consensus that you are indeed ready to tackle a given peak?

This online forum is great for the former.

The people you will meet, and lessons from the experiences you'll have with them, is where you want to get the latter.

You're not going to convince anyone of anything here. You'll just continue to get responses for and against any given opinion/objective. You'll likely agree with the ones that think you're "ready," and you'll wonder why those don't feel the way the do.

N

attention...that's what he is looking for. Even negative attention is attention.

he is looking for partners because he can't get into the hills without someone to drive him.

He is wanting maps with a drawn route on it.

he wants the pats on the back and to be cool for doing silly/stupid things in the hills.

But to boil it down it is allllll about online attention he gets.

If he was really hell bent on climbing and learning how too, he would get off his ass get a job, car and training from those who get paid to deal with noob folks.

hey josh have you looked into youth outdoor groups such as outward bound and more? These are ways to get what you need. Mountains, peers your age, support/training from the leaders. they have trips and stuff that last all summer and MORE! They have scholarship programs and more financial help. It will not be easy (nothing in life is easy josh) but i really think it is a place for you to fit in.

IMO this is the route you could take to get what you need. Then after come back and show folks what you have learned.

attention...that's what he is looking for. Even negative attention is attention.

he is looking for partners because he can't get into the hills without someone to drive him.

He is wanting maps with a drawn route on it.

he wants the pats on the back and to be cool for doing silly/stupid things in the hills.

But to boil it down it is allllll about online attention he gets.

If he was really hell bent on climbing and learning how too, he would get off his ass get a job, car and training from those who get paid to deal with noob folks.

hey josh have you looked into youth outdoor groups such as outward bound and more? These are ways to get what you need. Mountains, peers your age, support/training from the leaders. they have trips and stuff that last all summer and MORE! They have scholarship programs and more financial help. It will not be easy (nothing in life is easy josh) but i really think it is a place for you to fit in.

IMO this is the route you could take to get what you need. Then after come back and show folks what you have learned.

What would the point of getting negative attention be? So that I get no one on my side and no climbing partners.... that doesn't sound good... I guess I could stop posting trip reports if it will make everyone happy.

As for getting a ride... well that would be nice, could be part of the reason... but even if I could get a ride, I would be solo which don't they discourage that in scambling? Or should I try to solo stuff?

Patts on the back for doing stupid things? I already know that doing stupid things will come with shouts of anger like "what the heck were you thinking?"

As for maps... hehehe... I got my own map generator... http://www.hikrs.com/maps

As for getting a job, now I could do chores around the nabor hood and such, but getting a job that involves taxes and such... well part of my mom's government support would be going away so then I would be working 6 days a week with little pay, and then if I lose my job, my family is screwed!

As for young groups.... boy acouts.... two thumbs way down... as for the other one mentioned outward bound ... never heard of it... here's the site... http://www.outwardbound.org/index.cfm/do/are.index doesn't seem to have much in Washington unless I'm looking at the wrong places... I'm looking for backpacking, scambling or even climbing...

Thanks for the advice. Cheers Josh Lewis.

Edited by Josh Lewis

As for getting a job, now I could do chores around the nabor hood and such, but getting a job that involves taxes and such... well part of my mom's government support would be going away so then I would be working 6 days a week with little pay, and then if I lose my job, my family is screwed!

chores around the neighborhood can be a job. landscaping, handyman work, etc.

get paid under the table.