Seattle Cragging Partners Sought

ChrisAbajian

Weekend warrior dad, leading mid 10s, seeks

partner(s) for day trips to the local crags

(or out to the mountains if I can get away).

Have reliable car, gear, experience, yadda

yadda. I'll follow harder than I lead or

just belay my partner if they want to work

something really hard. I have no problem with

doing really easy routes for less experienced

partners, I'm in it for fun & stress reduction.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by krazy 1:

Hey Steve... not sure if you know this or not... but its kinda hard for one to email you when you don't put your email address in your profile.

[smile]

Hey Krazy,

Use the email icon above the message to email me. My email address is not exposed but people can still email me. Looks like no climbing today...I'm going fishing.

quote:

Originally posted by moonchild:

But am I at the wrong web site if I ask if you climb sober and have outgrown the use of mind altering drugs -- not to mention climb safely?

Yep. Wrong site. Just a bunch of adolescent drug-addled gumbies around here. You'll have better luck at nwhikers.net.

That's what I was afraid of. I've been forewarned about the folks here (though the forewarning isn't necessary if one reads a few posts), which is why I asked. That's too bad. Oh well. Oh, and for your information Roger, while there may be the occasional climber on nwhikers.net, it's a HIKING site, not a rock climbing site.

quote:

Originally posted by moonchild:

That's what I was afraid of. I've been forewarned about the folks here (though the forewarning isn't necessary if one reads a few posts), which is why I asked. That's too bad. Oh well. Oh, and for your information Roger, while there may be the occasional climber on nwhikers.net, it's a HIKING site, not a rock climbing site.

i would like to say that it takes all kinds. so why dont you find someone else to take you....hopefully not a drug addled adollescent with a death wish...i hear mike layton is pretty 'NORMAL'.......

instead of attempting to find only the negatives in everything, you should search out the postives. people with condoning attitudes to do not get fat outside of normal society. that i because not one person is the same as the next. there are certainly like minded individuals that i am sure you can find if you search. but not seeing them here does not justify you traching what you don't like.

tolerance is key...go buy some!!!

[laf][Roll Eyes]

quote:

i would like to say that it takes all kinds. so why dont you find someone else to take you....hopefully not a drug addled adollescent with a death wish...

Precisely what I'm doing and the reason for my post. Thanks for noticing.

quote:

instead of attempting to find only the negatives in everything, you should search out the postives.

Huh? I'm looking for the positives, which is the reason for my post. Thanks again for noticing.

quote:

people with condoning attitudes to do not get fat outside of normal society.

Not sure what you're even talking about here. I can't make any sense out of it. What does condoning and getting fat have to do with anything? And what's your definition of a "normal society"? And as far as "condoning" the way you climb - you can climb however you want, I just want safe and clear minds with ME. I like to climb and therefore want to live to climb another day. Climbing in itself is an escape. No point in escaping from climbing with mind-altering drugs.

quote:

that i because not one person is the same as the next.

Really?! Whew! That's a relief!

quote:

there are certainly like minded individuals that i am sure you can find if you search.

Yep, that's why I was asking in my original post. Thanks again for noticing.

quote:

but not seeing them here does not justify you traching what you don't like.

I can't find what "traching" means anywhere. So no clue what you're trying to say. Interesting that you're so offended by my looking for mature (and not necessarily an age thing) climbers, though. Why is it that YOU don't approve of others who want to climb safely and climb in the presence of others who want to climb safely? An amusing post, eric.

[ 08-12-2002, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: moonchild ]

Holy Crap! someone asks a silly question about climbing while not fucked up on the weed, and look what happens. I personally do not smoke weed, and probably won't again. That doesn't make me a dork, loser or intolerant to people who do smoke pot. I am constantly amazed that all of you pot smokin' climbers rip on people who don't smoke the kind.

I figure different strokes for different folks, most of my friends smoke pot (usually not while climbing) and I could care less, I just don't smoke.

So I guess that probably makes me uncool or something and now you can go on and beat the scotteryx post and rip on me.

Have fun.

[ 08-13-2002, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Chode-A-Boy ]

ok everybody... lets just take a deep breath. we all have our own ways of dealing with life, liberty and the persuit of happiness, lets not all get our panties in a bunch here. [hell no]

the fact is, is that we are all joined in the union of the climbing world in one way or another, and we look for partners of all kinds, lets just be thankful for the friends that we have and stick with that.

as for me... i might as well be smoken crack for sticking my head in the middle of this one. so for those that agree... [Moon]