My kid is ready to climb!!!

OrganDonor

My daughter is about to turn 9 and has been begging me to take her climbing everytime she see's my gear for awhile now. So I just went and picked her up a harness and shoes. Since I moved to Bellingham I havn't been out at all really. So Where's a good spot around the area to take the kids?

O would prefer something where I can easily set up a top rope without having to lead climb and obviously where rockfall is minimal.

I'd rather not have to trek down to Marymoore or x38. Although I am thinking Marymoore might be the best/safest spot to "show her the ropes", so I might just go there anyway. But I really wouldn't mind knowing some local areas to take to her also.

Thanks in advance everyone, Tim

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the Sehome Hill aboretem?

I ended up just taking her to marymoore for her first roped climb. She had a blast. I think I'll check out the aboretum on our next outing. I read Eire has some climbs that can be top roped near the parking lot. Have to check that out also.

I've seen the bolted slab at Larrabee down on the beach by the boat launch. I originally took her their, but didn't bother checking the tides and when got there high tide was in, OOPS. Looked like it could be easily top roped, but might be a little challenging for her at this stage anyway.

Main reason I need easily top ropable climbs is she's not quite old enough or heavy enough to belay me and my normal climbing partner lives down south. I don't want to have to bother having him drive up here so he can belay me while I lead to set up a top rope so my duaghter can climb.

Thanks for the advice Dan, much appreciated.