• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
billcoe

New/updated Oregon Adventure book

new/updated book in print/reprint...

Tim Olsen has updated the Gorge climbing/trail booklet with off-trail cross-country summits & adventures current as of 2009 - available on his website and also at Climb Max.

http://www.portlandrockclimbs.com/portland-rock-climbs

Bottom link.

says:

"The booklet provides a detailed analysis of mostly technical choss from Rooster Rock, Crown Point, St Peters Dome, Katanai Rock and Apocalypse Needles and more. Plus an exploratory analysis of major creek systems and ridge scrambles of the Gorge.

The booklet is designed for the climber who likes to be serious about rugged off-trail climbing, summiting and adventures in the Gorge. Not a sport climbing book at all, and definitely not a hikers guide."

Cool! I was looking at that book on the web page you linked a few month ago, and was bummed that it was out of print.

Just curious - anyone know if this contains more than what was in the old Portland Rock Climbs guide? The Adventure Climbing section of that book was the best part of it!

Just curious - anyone know if this contains more than what was in the old Portland Rock Climbs guide?

Matt,

yes, a lot more.

Edited by fgw

Tim gave me a copy a few weeks ago. It is nothing like any crag or mountain guide I've seen before. It is chuck full R, X and sketchy aid rated climbs that will constrict the sphincter of the boldest adventurer. I counted approx 40 technical climbs and 20 some odd scramble/hikes, enough to keep you busy and well worth the modest cost.

Wow, this is just great, I have been bugging him to get this ready. Good job Tim,

Can anyone tell me if there is any info on Bulo Point bouldering in this new edition? I think that I read or heard somewhere that the older version included some of the established problems.

Does this or any guide book include any Vulture Rock routes?

Can anyone tell me if there is any info on Bulo Point bouldering in this new edition? I think that I read or heard somewhere that the older version included some of the established problems.

Does this or any guide book include any Vulture Rock routes?

Nope, nope, and nope.

I just picked it up tonite from climbmax. Cool little book. It's about the gorge, and the gorge only. Way rad! And like some one else said, it's choked full of routes that I have only admired, but to add pictures of them with topos!!! yeah! Hell yeah.

Now, if I only climbed rock....