New/updated Oregon Adventure book

billcoe

new/updated book in print/reprint...

Tim Olsen has updated the Gorge climbing/trail booklet with off-trail cross-country summits & adventures current as of 2009 - available on his website and also at Climb Max.

http://www.portlandrockclimbs.com/portland-rock-climbs

Bottom link.

says:

"The booklet provides a detailed analysis of mostly technical choss from Rooster Rock, Crown Point, St Peters Dome, Katanai Rock and Apocalypse Needles and more. Plus an exploratory analysis of major creek systems and ridge scrambles of the Gorge.

The booklet is designed for the climber who likes to be serious about rugged off-trail climbing, summiting and adventures in the Gorge. Not a sport climbing book at all, and definitely not a hikers guide."

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim gave me a copy a few weeks ago. It is nothing like any crag or mountain guide I've seen before. It is chuck full R, X and sketchy aid rated climbs that will constrict the sphincter of the boldest adventurer. I counted approx 40 technical climbs and 20 some odd scramble/hikes, enough to keep you busy and well worth the modest cost.

Can anyone tell me if there is any info on Bulo Point bouldering in this new edition? I think that I read or heard somewhere that the older version included some of the established problems.

Does this or any guide book include any Vulture Rock routes?

Can anyone tell me if there is any info on Bulo Point bouldering in this new edition? I think that I read or heard somewhere that the older version included some of the established problems.

Does this or any guide book include any Vulture Rock routes?

Nope, nope, and nope.

I just picked it up tonite from climbmax. Cool little book. It's about the gorge, and the gorge only. Way rad! And like some one else said, it's choked full of routes that I have only admired, but to add pictures of them with topos!!! yeah! Hell yeah.

Now, if I only climbed rock....