Which of the following photos.....

pope

Which of the following photos best illustrates alpine excellence?

(from Pope's gallery.....note that the CORRECT answer appears scrambled following the image selection)

414blt-rash.gif

Choice A: "B_LT's don't shut down my crag. Talkin' 'bout 'em on the interweb do."

414forAlpineK.gif

Choice B: "Everything AlpineK wants for Christmas."

414Ice_copy.jpg

Choice C: "Rising star 'borrows' Pope-n-Dwayner's fabulous Plop-Pad......just in case one of the 27 bolts fails while aiding.....I mean.....'working' the route."

414Take_.jpg

Choice D: "Kevbone tries a sit-start."

Sluiskin13A_copy.jpg

Choice E: "Mountain-busting Fairweather drags a melon to the summit of Sluiskin Chief."

Answer: hiocCe E

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, stop being a Dick Dick.... :lmao: (I joke make AGAIN!) Bring some more naked pics of your mom climbing though, that absolutely rules....no joke.

now....

Pope, great work dude! However, you know we got no intelligence for multiple choice questions...how 'bout a true false round so we have a chance in hell of guessing correctly Pope. PS, did ya see that watermelon sticking out of Fairweathers ass?! Holy crap, how do you shit out one of those. Good stuff!

ps, out of respect I will resist posting the usual trite pic of the Lil Dawg.....awwwhhhh Hell, can't... resist... tractor... beam.....

lil_dawg_small1.jpg

Amusing that you'd use a photo of a guy who has regular soloed (both up and down) 5.10 and WI6 as his warmup routes for said "aiding", in yet another one of your masturbatory rants.

Why don't you and raindawg head down to Exit 38 and stroke each other.

:wave::ass::wave:

ps. Nice :ass:, noggin.

OH......MY......GOODNESS! You know him? We'd like our fabulous Plop-Pad returned......just as soon as he's done with it. Could you get the message to him? It would be cool if he'd autograph it, but we understand if he's too busy or if his sponsors have a problem with that sort of thing.

Now here's what I really think. Having known the guy for more than a decade, I assume he still has a sense of humor. Last time I talked to him, he drove all the way down here from Seattle to have lunch and talk ethics relating to rap bolting. He is without a doubt a gifted and dedicated climber and an incredibly nice, sincere guy. What I couldn't convince him of is that most of the rap-bolted mixed climbs up there could be top-roped with very similar adventure, risk and fun, but without all the mess. Why would anybody want to go through all that trouble and expense to make a mess when a top-rope would (in most cases) get the job done?

Amusing that you'd use a photo of a guy who has regular soloed (both up and down) 5.10 and WI6 as his warmup routes for said "aiding", in yet another one of your masturbatory rants.

Why don't you and raindawg head down to Exit 38 and stroke each other.

:wave::ass::wave:

ps. Nice :ass:, noggin.

OH......MY......GOODNESS! You know him? We'd like our fabulous Plop-Pad returned......just as soon as he's done with it. Could you get the message to him? It would be cool if he'd autograph it, but we understand if he's too busy or if his sponsors have a problem with that sort of thing.

Now here's what I really think. Having known the guy for more than a decade, I assume he still has a sense of humor. Last time I talked to him, he drove all the way down here from Seattle to have lunch and talk ethics relating to rap bolting. He is without a doubt a gifted and dedicated climber and an incredibly nice, sincere guy. What I couldn't convince him of is that most of the rap-bolted mixed climbs up there could be top-roped with very similar adventure, risk and fun, but without all the mess. Why would anybody want to go through all that trouble and expense to make a mess when a top-rope would (in most cases) get the job done?

sense of humor is still intact but I think he draws the line at being in the same post with Richard Simmons. If he was still fishin' you'd be his boat anchor.

Wow , so you know him? You must be as badass as me. Or almost, anyway.

Can I borrow the crash pad when he's done with it? I'm going to be rap bolting Godzilla this weekend to make it safe for the climbing community.

:wave:

ps, out of respect I will resist posting the usual trite pic of the Lil Dawg.....awwwhhhh Hell, can't... resist... tractor... beam.....

lil_dawg_small1.jpg

1 Photo = 1000 words. Every power drill owner also owns (and proudly displays) a pair of knee pads. Interesting.

Amusing that you'd use a photo of a guy who has regular soloed (both up and down) 5.10...

DUDE! IS THAT FOR REAL?????

SOMEONE ACTUALLY SOLOED A 5.10????

IS THAT HUMANLY POSSIBLE???

HOW COME WE HAVEN'T READ ABOUT THIS IN THE NEWS?????

And what will Chris, Tommy, Beth and all of the other BIG ROCK STARS think when they hear of this breakthrough? (My prediction: watch the competitiveness come out!!)

P.S., Big-Talkin' Small Fry:

Here's a picture of pope soling a little thing we like to call "Brass Balls" on Castle Rock, Leavenworth. No mattress....it was being "borrowed".

brassy.jpg

Amusing that you'd use a photo of a guy who has regular soloed (both up and down) 5.10...

And what will Chris, Tommy, Beth and all of the other BIG ROCK STARS think when they hear of this breakthrough? (My prediction: watch the competitiveness come out!!)

Here's a picture of pope soling a little thing we like to call "Brass Balls" on Castle Rock, Leavenworth. No mattress....it was being "borrowed".

brassy.jpg

Yes. The picture of Pope soloing Brass Balls eight million years ago. Again. Where's the one of you stealing scarabs out of a sarcophagus you busted into?

brassy.jpg

Yes. The picture of Pope soloing Brass Balls eight million years ago. Again. Where's the one of you stealing scarabs out of a sarcophagus you busted into?

Where is the pic of YOU soloing brass balls? Nice pic guys, the route wasn't the only one with brass 'uns that day. :tup:

Hey there he is, our resident one-trick pony, taking a break from graverobbing to post some enlightening information and snappy one-liners. Boy I sure didn't see that coming!

Wow, nice photo! If you took that, you must be some sort of badass. How do you train, brah?

OH HAI! I'M JUST BACK FROM YOSEMITE! WHAT A SHIT HOLE THAT PLACE IS. TOTAL PILE OF SHIT.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GO ON MY NEXT TRIP! MAYBE I CAN HAVE A WORSE TIME AND BITCH ABOUT THINGS ON TEH INTERWEB? OH AND ENJOY A PICTURE OF MY FRIEND:

donkey-pulling-cart.jpg

I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT, BECAUSE I INTEND TO POST IT APPROXIMATELY 992,345 MORE TIMES , ESP. EVERY TIME I GET IN A COCK MEASURING FEST ON THE CLIMBING BOARDS.

OMG Jake we should climb together I think we have similar ethics. I also have a friend who climbed hard long ago. If I have to weight the rope on a climb I never try that route again because my previous inspection ruined the adventure. I know in my heart that being a solid 5.5 onsight climber and having friends who once soloed 5.10 takes much more talent and moral purity than redpointing 5.13 and makes the world a better place. I have a photo I might have to dig up that will prove it. Climbing was way cooler back when I used to do it a lot. These young kids just think their so cool but they just don't get it!

Please twitter me when u r ready to take back our sport.

My friend soloed this little thing we like to call "Outer Space"; it's near this town called "Leavenworth", in Washington State. A picture wouldn't do it justice, but take my word for it, it's aptly named and my friend that day was like an astronaut launching into the unknown. You probably haven't heard of either of us though because we don't talk about our accomplishments as they are meaningless and no big deal. We're just average guys doing our thing.

OMG Jake we should climb together I think we have similar ethics. I also have a friend who climbed hard long ago. If I have to weight the rope on a climb I never try that route again because my previous inspection ruined the adventure. I know in my heart that being a solid 5.5 onsight climber and having friends who once soloed 5.10 takes much more talent and moral purity than redpointing 5.13 and makes the world a better place. I have a photo I might have to dig up that will prove it. Climbing was way cooler back when I used to do it a lot. These young kids just think their so cool but they just don't get it!

Jake's Response:

Thanks for the invite. But do you really climb, or do you just run your mouth on cc.com all day? I see you don't have any trip reports and come to think of it, I've never seen your name associated with one. Anyway, if you do wanna hook up....for climbing or maybe just to play some computer games, compare RAM and video cards and such.....that would be swell. But let's keep it private, OK? I'm pretty sure that if Pope catches us out at Index, he'll invite us to climb routes where we won't always have three bolts within reach at all times, and the stuff he climbs even today will probably make us cry.

well imagine yourselves, but then X that by at least 10 and you start to get an idea of how humble and low key me and my crew are. we like to have fun too, and we don't need bolts to do it.

DonkeyDM2807_468x348.jpg

we don't even need a rope, except perhap to mix things up now and again. our accomplishments are even more meaningless and even less of a deal than yours. we also occupy dead center position on the bell curve, so you aren't going to out average us. we're definitely the most average guys, i assure you, way more average than your crew.

Jake's Response:

Thanks for the invite. But do you really climb, or do you just run your mouth on cc.com all day? I see you don't have any trip reports and come to think of it, I've never seen your name associated with one. Anyway, if you do wanna hook up....for climbing or maybe just to play some computer games, compare RAM and video cards and such.....that would be swell. But let's keep it private, OK? I'm pretty sure that if Pope catches us out at Index, he'll invite us to climb routes where we won't always have three bolts within reach at all times, and the stuff he climbs even today will probably make us cry.

My average crew went sport climbing on Gorilla My Dreams last night. Good stuff!