Pardon my n00bness, but what exactly IS a sprayer?

BenWA

OK.

Thanks for the invitation and the recognition.

I don't get either very often.

It just seems like you guys who hate other posters so much would be much more effective if you just ignored them.

Responding to every post is a compliment.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.

Thanks for the invitation and the recognition.

I don't get either very often.

It just seems like you guys who hate other posters so much would be much more effective if you just ignored them.

Responding to every post is a compliment.

I try to ignore mosquitos, but just can't do it. I swat them everytime they buzz around me. DEET can be effective, but damn it smells, and I'm not sure it's good to get a chemical like that on my expensive synthetic fabrics.

To be totally serious, outside spray it's total bullshit when boner shits on another thread. "Who cares" is one of his typically bullshit (non)responses. I thought we (you and I) were on the same page about this. Teasing those guys who rappeled down Aasgard may be a little bit of blurring spray's flame aspect with non-spray, but Kevbone has no concept of the distinction yet alone an ability to moderate his stupidity outside of spray. I may do my share of shit-slinging on Spray, but I don't go around and shit on other people's non-spray threads.

Yes. Sorry about singling you out. I get your point and understand the frustration.

It just seems like KB has a magic button for some of you. For every one of his posts there are four or five people who post a response. And off it goes.

He must love the attention is all I'm sayin....

"Anger must be a very beautiful thing, because a lot of people have taken to it, like Coca-Cola. Probably more people are into anger than Coca-Cola, isn't it? So it must be a really great thing that so many people have chosen it. But they have not chosen; they have helplessly fallen into it, that's the problem.

They have fallen into it or in a way they have chosen it unconsciously because the most intense moments in their lives is either pain or anger. These are the only two intensities that they know and every human being always longs for intensity. So today watching such sports has become such a big thing, because you could never watch a battle like that before.

You remember the film 'The Gladiators', these gladiators - it is still a sport, a wild sport; war was a sport. Because it is not the violence, it is not the blood, it is not the killing that people like; people want to see something intense. Now, why are all these thrillers, action movies and sports events so popular? It is because people want some intensity, somewhere. They don't know how to be intense. Either through physical action, or through anger, or through pain - this is the only way they know how to be intense.

The very reason why drugs and sex has become such a big thing is because they want to experience some intensity, at least for a few moments. It is the intensity which draws them. And as you know, I am always talking about intensity because that is the only thing that man is seeking, and that is the only thing that will liberate man from his present bondages.

Anger has enormous intensity; it is an intensity which hurts you. It's an intensity which can get you into a lot of trouble. It's an intensity which can destroy the people around you and yourself, in so many ways. It's an intensity which gets you into absolutely stupid states of action. So your attachment to anger is not just anger, it's just that you like the intensity of it. Though you know it causes so much damage, here and there you want to get into anger.

And people like the angry man. For example when you watch a movie if your hero - the Hollywood man - is a very calm and quiet you're not so interested in him. But, if he's an angry man, who stands up and does things in anger, not peacefully, you like him because he's got intensity about him. So you would like to do the same thing but you pay a very big price trying to be angry in the situations in which you live; because people around you are going to get even angrier with you, and they will get back at you.

So don't worry about your anger. At least in anger you're becoming intense. It's time to transform this intensity into higher levels of intensity where it's very beautiful. At least somebody's able to get angry, I'm happy. I can't bear with the people, who eat eight meals a day and are lethargic, nothing happens within them; they don't even get angry. If anger is happening at least some life is cooking within you; life is still kicking, you know? "

Sadhguru

Footnotes will cost you points! Don't challenge Muff to a lack of parenthetical expressions contest either but challenge her to a spelling contest. She's polished it up a bit more than normally for you here cause you're new around here, but you'll totally kick her ass on this one....trust me.

Sorry Muffy, helping out the new fella is all - still love ya!!!!

:wave:

I always love you Bill!!! and my spelling is still piss poor when i don't have IE telling me when i have misspelled something. However i do agree with Dru, that sometimes my spelling in it's uniqueness offers a new perspective ;)I do believe it was Mark Twain who said "I never trust a man who can only spell a word one way."

thank you for the birthday spray one and all. I miss you guys and climbing more than i can possibly say in words, thoughts pictures or tears.

for those of you who are interested in the saga, I seem to be headed for a wheel chair in the next few years. western medicine is not working, I have been through nearly every medication they have. eastern medicine is only offering short stints of respite. over all the bones in my spine are fusing in 2 places and other bones(hands feet and hips) are thinning and degenerating. Magik seems to be my last hope. Here is to Magik.

xoxoxooxox

Muffin

"Anger must be a very beautiful thing, because a lot of people have taken to it, like Coca-Cola. Probably more people are into anger than Coca-Cola, isn't it? So it must be a really great thing that so many people have chosen it. But they have not chosen; they have helplessly fallen into it, that's the problem.

They have fallen into it or in a way they have chosen it unconsciously because the most intense moments in their lives is either pain or anger. These are the only two intensities that they know and every human being always longs for intensity. So today watching such sports has become such a big thing, because you could never watch a battle like that before.

You remember the film 'The Gladiators', these gladiators - it is still a sport, a wild sport; war was a sport. Because it is not the violence, it is not the blood, it is not the killing that people like; people want to see something intense. Now, why are all these thrillers, action movies and sports events so popular? It is because people want some intensity, somewhere. They don't know how to be intense. Either through physical action, or through anger, or through pain - this is the only way they know how to be intense.

The very reason why drugs and sex has become such a big thing is because they want to experience some intensity, at least for a few moments. It is the intensity which draws them. And as you know, I am always talking about intensity because that is the only thing that man is seeking, and that is the only thing that will liberate man from his present bondages.

Anger has enormous intensity; it is an intensity which hurts you. It's an intensity which can get you into a lot of trouble. It's an intensity which can destroy the people around you and yourself, in so many ways. It's an intensity which gets you into absolutely stupid states of action. So your attachment to anger is not just anger, it's just that you like the intensity of it. Though you know it causes so much damage, here and there you want to get into anger.

And people like the angry man. For example when you watch a movie if your hero - the Hollywood man - is a very calm and quiet you're not so interested in him. But, if he's an angry man, who stands up and does things in anger, not peacefully, you like him because he's got intensity about him. So you would like to do the same thing but you pay a very big price trying to be angry in the situations in which you live; because people around you are going to get even angrier with you, and they will get back at you.

So don't worry about your anger. At least in anger you're becoming intense. It's time to transform this intensity into higher levels of intensity where it's very beautiful. At least somebody's able to get angry, I'm happy. I can't bear with the people, who eat eight meals a day and are lethargic, nothing happens within them; they don't even get angry. If anger is happening at least some life is cooking within you; life is still kicking, you know? "

Sadhguru

Kevbone-level intuition of self-help. Bravo.

for those of you who are interested in the saga, I seem to be headed for a wheel chair in the next few years. western medicine is not working, I have been through nearly every medication they have. eastern medicine is only offering short stints of respite. over all the bones in my spine are fusing in 2 places and other bones(hands feet and hips) are thinning and degenerating. Magik seems to be my last hope. Here is to Magik.

xoxoxooxox

Muffin

Don't believe the prognostications.

I always love you Bill!!! and my spelling is still piss poor when i don't have IE telling me when i have misspelled something. However i do agree with Dru, that sometimes my spelling in it's uniqueness offers a new perspective ;)I do believe it was Mark Twain who said "I never trust a man who can only spell a word one way."

thank you for the birthday spray one and all. I miss you guys and climbing more than i can possibly say in words, thoughts pictures or tears.

xoxoxooxox

Muffin

OMG, saga? NO!! I'm so very sorry to hear this...... :cry: WTF, is this just one more chink in the Theological brick wall that reinforces that if there is a God someplace, he's either a total slacker or a mean, spiteful vengeful prick intent on doing harm to good people?

I'm holding my breath, crossing my fingers for magic, and am going to say a prayer for you tonight Muff!!! Wishing you the best and a positive miracle. Don't forget to reexamine your diet, as this may be your body's reaction to some unknown food you are unknowingly allergic too.

To be totally serious, outside spray it's total bullshit when boner shits on another thread. "Who cares" is one of his typically bullshit (non)responses. I thought we (you and I) were on the same page about this. Teasing those guys who rappeled down Aasgard may be a little bit of blurring spray's flame aspect with non-spray, but Kevbone has no concept of the distinction yet alone an ability to moderate his stupidity outside of spray. I may do my share of shit-slinging on Spray, but I don't go around and shit on other people's non-spray threads.

OMG….holier than thou has spoken. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You shit all over all threads just like I do. I am sorry you can not see the distinction but I do. You’re witty preverbal responses look like “lick sack”, or “STFU noob”……Oh…I am sorry, are those response appropriate sometimes?

I said who cares in that rapping thread solely because some of you guys were ripping on them (mostly you kkkkk) and it was entirely inappropriate to even have that shit on the web. Seriously, do you really care why someone would want to rappel? I will say it again……WHO FUCKING CARES?

KKK you are the definition of hypocrisy. Calling me out in spray coming from you is retarded at best and you know it. In your heart of hearts…..YOU KNOW IT. Don’t you sit at your computer and judge me Mr. 10,000 posts MFucker.

I fully admit I am a spray junkie…..shitting on threads that are already shit upon (spray) is what spray is for. Or didn’t you get the memo?

I would like you come down to Portland and say some of the shit you say online to me in person. I dare you. I double dog dare you…….

That’s what I thought!

I know I am a sprayer to the heart……why don’t you wake up and admit your shit too?

Spray is climbing talk - endless, obnxious blabbering about routes climbed; their grades; your opinions on their grades; your friends' opinions on their grades; your opinions on the first ascentionists' opinions of their grades; routes nearly climbed but for the wrong shoes, lack of chalk, or high gravity; your local climbing scene being overrun by "n00bs;" routes you climbed in the gym; intricate, unnecessary details about fancy new gear that will help you send your proj (in fact, I think any sentence with the word "proj" in it automatically counts as spray); endless streams of beta on every single move of the one route you have ever climbed outside; etc.

Not being a snowboarder, I have no idea what a "gaper" is (sort of "all talk, no action?"), but you're probably right that it's basically the same idea. It's definitely a universal climbing term (not just PNW), but I have no idea where it originated.

Considering that I have never, ever heard "n00bs" at the crag or in the gym "spray" about contemporary world politics, and considering that climbing is strictly off-topic in the CC "spray" forum, this place is clearly devoid of any actual spray.

you got it wrong sugar butt. Whether or not you can "Spray" has nothing to do with said climbing ability or lack there of. It is related to your ability to hold your own in a verbal smack down on ANY topic. oh and if you need to know what a wanker is... look in the mirror luv.

spray is throwing ur back out while doing one armed push ups....

Spray is climbing talk - endless, obnxious blabbering about routes climbed; their grades; your opinions on their grades; your friends' opinions on their grades; your opinions on the first ascentionists' opinions of their grades; routes nearly climbed but for the wrong shoes, lack of chalk, or high gravity; your local climbing scene being overrun by "n00bs;" routes you climbed in the gym; intricate, unnecessary details about fancy new gear that will help you send your proj (in fact, I think any sentence with the word "proj" in it automatically counts as spray); endless streams of beta on every single move of the one route you have ever climbed outside; etc.

Not being a snowboarder, I have no idea what a "gaper" is (sort of "all talk, no action?"), but you're probably right that it's basically the same idea. It's definitely a universal climbing term (not just PNW), but I have no idea where it originated.

Considering that I have never, ever heard "n00bs" at the crag or in the gym "spray" about contemporary world politics, and considering that climbing is strictly off-topic in the CC "spray" forum, this place is clearly devoid of any actual spray.

you got it wrong sugar butt. Whether or not you can "Spray" has nothing to do with said climbing ability or lack there of. It is related to your ability to hold your own in a verbal smack down on ANY topic. oh and if you need to know what a wanker is... look in the mirror luv.

spray is throwing ur back out while doing one armed push ups....

OMG i can't believe you remember me telling you that... although that was my ex body builder boyfriend that broke his back doing one armed push ups. after surgery he is all better now, although not interested in body building any more, understandably. he now has titanium in his back.

OMG….holier than thou has spoken. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You shit all over all threads just like I do. I am sorry you can not see the distinction but I do. You’re witty preverbal responses look like “lick sack”, or “STFU noob”……Oh…I am sorry, are those response appropriate sometimes?

I said who cares in that rapping thread solely because some of you guys were ripping on them (mostly you kkkkk) and it was entirely inappropriate to even have that shit on the web. Seriously, do you really care why someone would want to rappel? I will say it again……WHO FUCKING CARES?

KKK you are the definition of hypocrisy. Calling me out in spray coming from you is retarded at best and you know it. In your heart of hearts…..YOU KNOW IT. Don’t you sit at your computer and judge me Mr. 10,000 posts MFucker.

I fully admit I am a spray junkie…..shitting on threads that are already shit upon (spray) is what spray is for. Or didn’t you get the memo?

I would like you come down to Portland and say some of the shit you say online to me in person. I dare you. I double dog dare you…….

That’s what I thought!

I know I am a sprayer to the heart……why don’t you wake up and admit your shit too?

Kev honey, we all know you are a spray junkie. we have known for quite some time. I am glad you are coming to terms with it. I think KKK knows he is a spray alcoholic as well. if he weren't he would post on some other rock climbing site and not cc.com ;)

xoxoxooxox

Muffin

OMG, saga? NO!! I'm so very sorry to hear this...... :cry: WTF, is this just one more chink in the Theological brick wall that reinforces that if there is a God someplace, he's either a total slacker or a mean, spiteful vengeful prick intent on doing harm to good people?

I'm holding my breath, crossing my fingers for magic, and am going to say a prayer for you tonight Muff!!! Wishing you the best and a positive miracle. Don't forget to reexamine your diet, as this may be your body's reaction to some unknown food you are unknowingly allergic too.

thanks Bill :)hopefully next birthday i will have better and happier news :moondance:

Muff Darling,

I have always admired you from afar.

Please do yourself a favor and try a macrobiotic diet if you have not already.

Also try true Yoga. It is not a religion or a magical transformation. It is thousands of years of distilled wisdom on how to allow the body to exist in its most perfect state.

All my best to you.

I don't shit on threads outside of spray. You do.

I would characterize your posts more of "you shit *yourself*" - in front of everyone.

*yawn*

Am I "on notice" now? :lmao:

I don't shit on threads outside of spray. You do.

I would characterize your posts more of "you shit *yourself*" - in front of everyone.

*yawn*

Am I "on notice" now? :lmao:

That it? That all you got?

Shitting on a thread is way subjective.

Muff Darling,

I have always admired you from afar.

Please do yourself a favor and try a macrobiotic diet if you have not already.

Also try true Yoga. It is not a religion or a magical transformation. It is thousands of years of distilled wisdom on how to allow the body to exist in its most perfect state.

All my best to you.

Bug

thank you sickie

i have the name of a good nutritionist. that is my next step. I have about 10 years of yoga... but i lost my teacher about the time this was all starting and have been adrift. It is time to find someone new.

isn't odd where a bit a foot pain can take one? seriously!

xoxooxoxoxoxoxo