For those bolting in the western Gorge...

JosephH

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking as an Oregon born boy, that considers Oregon my true home, this Oregon forum has sucked balls for a long time. And this just is a great example. Get out there and climb something and shut the hell up, then come post some pics of something instersting. There is interesting shit all over oregon, but all you see is hood this and beacon that, blah blah boring!

P6270092.JPG

no, it aint in Oregon

Edited by shapp

Speaking as an Oregon born boy, that considers Oregon my true home, this Oregon forum has sucked balls for a long time. And this just is a great example. Get out there and climb something and shut the hell up, then come post some pics of something instersting. There is interesting shit all over oregon, but all you see is hood this and beacon that, blah blah boring!

P6270092.JPG

no, it aint in Oregon

Tease.

Clearly JH dominated Pink in a very shameful way on one of those trips out east. I think that's how he got his name. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

i have bursitis... u r fat and wil never measure up to any of us... jh is a jerk... just ask opdyke. jh is a better climber than i am and i will admit that... but jh has not climbed what i ghave climbed.

jh has been shamed by his brothers who are pilots and his eye sight sucks.

clearly u are fat and can only do pitches at the base of el cap.

sucks that no one thanks jh for getting the rock open early this year.. he never has.

i suck at climbing.

not the same guy i was.

not my motivation for ripping on jh,

i have climbed way cooler things than jh.

too bad beacon has gone down hill.

FUCK YOU ALL.

PEACE

Edited by pink

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I have a few spare moments...

...or in his desperation and failed attempt for an early opening

Biology dictates when the rock opens, my only involvement is in assisting with the monitoring given it's just one of many responsibilities of the WDFW biologist who has other pressing priorities such as EIS and impact research on wind farms out east. Beacon opens when it opens; the time I invest in monitoring sometimes contributes to early opens, but only in helping WDFW know it's time for them to come verify the fledges are up and flying competently. Four out of five early opens with other places to climb these days - no complaints, desperate or otherwise from me over it.

BEEN HANGING ANY SIGNS FROM BUILDINGS LATELY NERD BOY.

Not lately, but it looks like a new generation has picked up that mantle quite well.

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH WHAT U HAVE ACCOMPLISHED JH?

Why yes, thank you.

IS SPENDING THREE YEARS ON A 6 PITCH ROUTE STATUS QUO FOR Hardmen like yourself.

Please, you and anyone else is welcome to come up and show me how it's really done. Hey, I'd love nothing more than to see your progress on it. Consider it an open invitation, any time.

want me to start naming names?

Oh my god! Rejected by the 'crew' - lordy, now I really am losing sleep.

jh has been shamed by his brothers who are pilots and his eye sight sucks.

My personal favorite - damn, I am blinded and shamed no less. I should be wandering the streets.

free climbing with pocket protectors and double gear slings.

True, I normally like to get paid for product endorsements, but this one I'll do for free given how much I like it - especially how it holds a 1-liter bladder for hot or long days:

Big-Wall-Gear-Sling.jpg

Isn't Beacon Rock in WASHINGTON? Why does this spray infest the OREGON forum? Last time I looked at the forum list, there was/is a SW WASHINGTON forum....

This anchor isn't at Beacon. However, like Dave said: this was a memorable joke from the early Jeff Thomas guidebook "Oregon Rock: A Climbers Guide" which we all laughingly perpetrate. I brought out my more recent Thomas book dated 1983 and the exact quote concerning Beacon is "As the saying goes, it's the best place to climb in Oregon, even if it is in Washington". LOL!

Here's another great Jeff Thomasism from the same book which I still hear (and use myself) all the time 26 years later. "Legend has it that it never rains at Smith Rock. The fact is that the surrounding area averages 10" of rain a year." LOL!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in replacing bolts at broughton, ozone and madrone. Where can I find stainless bolts at a poorman price? Also, do you really have to use stainless hangers with the bolts or can those just be replaced as they rot.

Kevbone, your first hanger to "House of Pain" is missing. Now I know this has been a problem for nearly 2 years. What gives? That route is great and I'm sure people would love to get on it. I will replace the bolt and hanger for you.