HeadLamp info

benb

My BD Icon is M.I.A. Before I replace it, I thought I would ask if there is a better piece of gear out there. I had no problems with my BD but was not super impressed with the plastic used. It had some duct tape holding the batery case closed.

Thanks,

B

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avoid the Princeton Fuel, mine just met an early death as I pulled it out of my tent. The battery cover is held on by two pieces of plastic that are about 2mm thick, and both of those broke at the hinge. No hard use and have had it for about a year.

I post another reply for the Mammut Lucido TX1, I haven't had it long so I can't attest to the durability but it is very bright I like the controls, and If it suits your needs it is nice to get the one with the remote battery pack, you can get three high capacity rechargeable C-cells and put them in your jacket to stay warm, you'll easily get two-three times the battery life versus the head-mounted battery pack.