Is Mount Stuart Technicle?

Josh Lewis

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The return of Jammin?

was thinkin' the same thing...

I don't read Tazz as flaming so much as trying to prevent injury. I remember trying to do that with Jamin and one other guy whose name I do not remember.

It was sobo, I'm pretty sure... :whistle:

Would any other sixteen year olds care to chime in?

Really, though, who cares? Nature will either cull this kid from the herd or not.

Already one step ahead of you. I already have a 16 year old mentor named Mark Struab. But another one might come in handy because he had experience, but to do climbing, another person would be nice to have, especially on glaciers.

Josh,

Find the story written by the guy who fell in a crevasse and pulled his buddy in too. The first guy in was slowed down by the second. But the second guy fell far and died quickly.

Two on a rope is not all that safe unless you have some training, practice, and luck.

Good luck out there.

I'm sorry, do you guys not think this "Josh Lewis" bit is a gag or scam or something? Really???

What?! Me a scam? I wouldn't go on a glacier with just me and Mark... we would have atleast 3 people.... my friend was just talking to me about that, and that a 2 person is very difficult and dangerous for when on a glacier.

C

Would any other sixteen year olds care to chime in?

Really, though, who cares? Nature will either cull this kid from the herd or not.

Already one step ahead of you. I already have a 16 year old mentor named Mark Struab. But another one might come in handy because he had experience, but to do climbing, another person would be nice to have, especially on glaciers.

That's great, and incoherent, and all, but isn't a "16 year old mentor" a bit of an oxymoron?

I'm sorry, do you guys not think this "Josh Lewis" bit is a gag or scam or something? Really???

no...most gags or scams have much better spelling

Hmm... See, I thought that was the fishy part: psychopathically retarded, illiterate 16 year old comes on and obliviously writes about duct taping feet, then, nearly instantly, slightly less illiterate antagonist figure appears to prophecy against 16 year old and warn the masses.

I mean, I know people actually are this stupid in real life (especially 16 year olds), but they can't be serious...

Using the word "mentor" anywhere in a partner-related post is itself a warning sign.

well there are two things here:

1. Being uneducated and being inexperienced (usually remedied with age)

2. Being a dumbass (there doesn't seem to be a cure for that, regardless of age/experience/education)

Of course, when you combine these two items, you usually have a problem you'd rather avoid.

So I don't think that the word "mentor" has anything to do with it. There are some really excellent mentors on the site who have helped people learn the basics during the life span of CC.com.

slightly less illiterate antagonist figure appears to prophecy against 16 year old and warn the masses.

wanna play? lets play!! Bring it on asshat!! I am not one who is anal about fucking grammar or impressing anyone with my grammar or spelling or fix my typos, in any way! bring it on fuck-head! I am soooo ready to play!!! wait let me get my dictionary so i can have a chance against such a pillar as you!! :fahq:

no...most gags or scams have much better spelling

Hmm... See, I thought that was the fishy part: psychopathically retarded, illiterate 16 year old comes on and obliviously writes about duct taping feet, then, nearly instantly, slightly less illiterate antagonist figure appears to prophecy against 16 year old and warn the masses.

I mean, I know people actually are this stupid in real life (especially 16 year olds), but they can't be serious...

So how many 16 year old climbers are you aware of posting on this site? I only know of one who might be close, and that is Marc L, and he's a pretty good climber.

As far as your script above, it needs work before Hollywood will be interested, let alone anyone on Broadway.

slightly less illiterate antagonist figure appears to prophecy against 16 year old and warn the masses.

wanna play? lets play!! Bring it on asshat!! I am not one who is anal about fucking grammar or impressing anyone with my grammar or spelling or fix my typos, in any way! bring it on fuck-head! I am soooo ready to play!!! wait let me get my dictionary so i can have a chance against such a pillar as you!! :fahq:

kevbone, this is what you call spray.....mkay? its not a TR. its not about discussing the thread topic.

So how many 16 year old climbers are you aware of posting on this site? I only know of one who might be close, and that is Marc L, and he's a pretty good climber.

As far as your script above, it needs work before Hollywood will be interested, let alone anyone on Broadway.

Script?

I'm not trying to turn this into a spray/insult fest, and I'm definitely not insinuating that this is some sort of "adult" site, teenagers be damned. What I meant was that this Josh character was really playing his oblivious teenager part, especially when Tazz comes and pretty much calls him a walking liability (not to mention being dishonest about it) and Josh laughs at it and says "you got me!" and LOLLLZZZ about being banned from Summitpost. It seemed too ridiculous to be serious, like the work of someone trying to bait people into getting riled up.

And Tazz - high five! Seriously dud[ette], no harm meant. I wasn't trying to take a crack at you - just noticing how timely it was for this random Josh person to come post gibberish and have someone immediately denounce him. (I missed the stuff he redacted from his posts - maybe that would've made your post more clear?) You'll notice I didn't call you "psychopathically retarded." :crazy:

Edited by Bosterson

All I know is that this Josh guy better show up, on time and ready to haul all the gear, and he's gotta do what we say ... and HE BETTER NOT WEAR COTTON!!!

(By the way: I disagree with Porter in that I don't think this thread is - or that it should be treated as - spray just because there have been some jokes and some jive. It is in the "climbers board" and it has some of the elements of a spray thread for sure, but we are in fact discussing how a beginning climber might find support and guidance on cc.com and there have been lots of good points made.)

ok ...

first off I am No DUDE!!! I just have the equipment to be one!

thankyou for your clarification and good post.

I care about Josh and only want the best for him. he will admit he needs a harder hand to keep him in check. I have always been an honest caring person with josh. he knows how and what i mean when I post.

I do not mean to denounce him that was soooo not my intenet. he is good kid with a big heart but has issues and a huge passion for the mountains. i only want the best for the kid. Even if it means being a bit harsh. I wish he could find someone who can mentor or even just take him out so he can get out.

I just wanted folks to know the troubles he has created for himself on 2....read 2 other forums. so that maybe someone better than i can take him in and mentor him.

again thanks for your clarification.....

I just have the equipment to be one!

798px-2-strap_harness_with_pink_dildo_01.jpg

Ahhh crap!! see oooopsy!! I don't reread!!! I do NOT have the equipment...I am A gal! Promise...I am!! and totally strait . i love real dick !! the fake ones smell funny!

Edited by tazz