• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
dirtysloper

The Grand Wall

It's been a while since i've been on it. Do i need aiders for the AO or can i yard on draws? Are the Roman Chimneys still wet? What's the best first few approach pitches besides Cruel Shoes?

Cheers to the three man team and unexpected bivy on Stewart... hard man points i hope i never get!

Draws or runners are fine for the bolt ladder. Apart from Cruel Shoes you can do Apron strings to merci me, or you can also do some pitches on the peasant's route or Exasperator if you get creative with pendulums. You might still end up on part of Cruel shoes though. Can't help you on the Roman Chimneys, as those are beyond me, but another nice finish would be the last 4 pitches on Millenium Falcon off Bellygood Ledge.

Hey there Bobby.

I think that the chimneys may be dry enough to climb by now. Its been pretty dry and unless you plan on doing the 5.12 corner you should be OK by doing the 10d sketchy(not that bad really). All the other stuff will be dry. Super awsome finish to the Grand Wall!

Another option is to finish on the retro-bolted/cleaned Upper Black Dyke.

hasnt it been raining in squish since Sunday? I thought today was the first dry day in a few?

I was wondering what the dryness would be like this weekend

squamish will still be REALLY WET and miserable...i'd stay away from there this weekend. if i were you, i'd go to exit 38 or renton instead.