Sarah Palin just Stepped Down

Jason_Martin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that came out of left field. She's been out of the news for months... :confused:

Not sure what news you read, Sobo, but in the mainstream media, she's gotten a lot of over coverage lately especially with the Dave Letterman Top Ten pedophile jab about Alex Rodriquez and under 18 yo daughter last month or so and the July Vanity Fair article that came out a couple of days ago.

People are speculating the move is either to prepare for 2012 or a scandal is about to erupt. Only time will tell.

She did get a $7 mil advance to write a book so maybe that's what she wants to focus instead. I'm guessing the money is broken up into at least four payments with one of those being on publication so writing faster would bring in more $$ sooner.

Wow, that came out of left field. She's been out of the news for months... :confused:

Not sure what news you read, Sobo, but in the mainstream media, she's gotten a lot of over coverage lately especially with the Dave Letterman Top Ten pedophile jab about Alex Rodriquez and under 18 yo daughter last month or so and the July Vanity Fair article that came out a couple of days ago.

NPR mostly. I don't watch TV. We have one, but it's analog and we didn't bother with the converter. Who has time for TV anyway, what with two rugrats? So I listen to the radio whilst driving to/from work and project construction sites. I haven't watched DL in over 10 years, so I have no idea what you're talking about with Axle-Rod unless it's about his steroid use.

People are speculating the move is either to prepare for 2012 or a scandal is about to erupt. Only time will tell.

I would think that to be a viable candidate, you would want to remain in office, especially a governorship or a Senatorship. To "come from the field" and expect to be taken seriously, a la Ross Perot, is a pipe dream these days, IMO. RE scandal, she's no stranger to those. I expect her hide is tougher than that, given what she's been dragged through within the past year.

She did get a $7 mil advance to write a book so maybe that's what she wants to focus instead. I'm guessing the money is broken up into at least four payments with one of those being on publication so writing faster would bring in more $$ sooner.

This probably makes the most sense.

Ive heard that theres rumors of an embezzlement investigation, and that shes threatening to sue any liberal media that spreads these rumors, and that she doesnt understand how a governor who steps down for no apparent reason should be big news

Quitter.

Could you even imagine her under the pressure cooker that Bill Clinton dealt with daily? Between North Korea/Iran/Iraq and all this personal stuff, she'd crack and quit. God that would have been ugly.

Good-by for good is my thought. She'll be around as a TV commentator and make a good living doing that I suspect.

its probly cause of the fact that she was embzinging money for personal trips and family expences, and the hole state trooper thing probly was about to calapse on her head,

, if she ran for pres, the gop would lose once again. if they want a chance to win they will have to find someone with atleast half a brain.

She'll be around as a TV commentator and make a good living doing that I suspect.

OMG!! Can you imagine? I see Bill O'Reilly hosting a Sarah Palin / Ann Coulter cage match for neo-con airhead supremacy. No holds barred, winner-take-all, champeenship of the whole world. One of those great big belt-buckle trophy things (who the Hell dreamt those up, by the way?) for the winner... it'll be awesome. Pay-per-view rights will be worth a fortune.

Personally I think Palin could kick Coulter's scrawny little ass.

I read the stories on Fox and CNN. What I guess at this point is that she wants to be a player in national politics, but on her terms. I can't say I don't respect that position. It would be ideal if people left the personal attacks out of politics and more power to her if she could change that political game.

Dear God! Who put the Support SARAHPAC banner on this page!!??!!??