bamboozled

ZimZam

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant! I've seen it used in various ways in the Orient but this is pretty slick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8125274.stm

I believe the preferred nomenclature is "Asian."

I heard that recently as well. When did saying "the Orient" or Oriental become Politically incorrect?

ps, sweet find. It always shocks me to see 40 story high Bamboo scaffolding on a Hi-rise tower being utilized in the Orient Asia. Probably make a nice ice axe handle or kitchen floor I'll bet:-)

The Dude: Walter, what is the point? Look, we all know who is at fault here, what the fuck are you talking about?

Walter Sobchak: Huh? No, what the fuck are you... I'm not... We're talking about unchecked aggression here, dude.

Donny: What the fuck is he talking about?

The Dude: My rug.

Walter Sobchak: Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element!

The Dude: Walter, the chinaman who peed on my rug, I can't go give him a bill, so what the fuck are you talking about?

Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

The Dude: Walter, this isn't a guy who built the railroads here. This is a guy...

Walter Sobchak: What the fuck are you...?

The Dude: Walter, he peed on my rug!

Donny: He peed on the Dude's rug.

Walter Sobchak: Donny you're out of your element! Dude, the Chinaman is not the issue here!

Brilliant! I've seen it used in various ways in the Orient but this is pretty slick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8125274.stm

I believe the preferred nomenclature is "Asian."

I heard that recently as well. When did saying "the Orient" or Oriental become Politically incorrect?

ps, sweet find. It always shocks me to see 40 story high Bamboo scaffolding on a Hi-rise tower being utilized in the Orient Asia. Probably make a nice ice axe handle or kitchen floor I'll bet:-)

Only inanimate objects should be called oriental. A person should be called Asian. Learned that the hard way! ;)

Oh, for Fuck's Sake! He's referencing a place! Idiots.

I know! I know, you're preaching to the choir here E. I even tried that argument on the oriental Asian-American I'm married too without much success. I said, "isn't the orient a place?" (correct answer is Yes!)

* "Are people who come from Canada called Canadians?"(correct answer to that is Yes!)

*"Are people who come from Mexico called Mexicans?" (And the correct answer to that is Yes as well!)

"Well, this is progress", I said, "the people living in that place we call the Orient, what are those people called?"

... ?...

I don't want to piss anyone off for no reason, I just wanted to understand. You know what I learned ...again? That women are the opposite of logic.

So Asians it is. Someday I'll learn why, until that day....