MJ DEATHWATCH

G-spotter

Celebs have already posted their condolences on their Twitter pages following Michael Jackson's shocking death at the age of 50.

Miley Cyrus: Michael Jackson was my inspiration. love and blessings

Demi Moore: I am greatly saddened for the loss of both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Especially for their children!

Ashlee Simpson-Wentz: Tmz please be wrong. Everyone have hope.

Star Jones: Death comes to all. But great achievements build a monument." He IS and WAS the greatest entertainer of all times...Peace to you brother.

John Mayer: I think we'll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player. Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ.

MC Hammer: I have no words.. I loved Michael Jackson.. RIP..

Lindsay Lohan: NO OMG ... sending my love and prayers out to Michael and his family ... i feel sick..

Marlon Wayans: My prayers, my love, my heart goes out to michael jackson and the entire jackson family. I pray so hard for them. I'm crushed! Please pray.

Pete Wentz: Prayers and thoughts with michael jackson ... I haven't hope in so long that news isn't true.

Kim Kardashian: Wow I am truly in shock that Michael Jackson has passed away! I love u Jackson family, my prayers are with the whole family!

Ashton Kutcher: Rip Sending love and light to family and friend but especially his kids.

Kelly Rowland: Michael you left such a legacy on this earth, have touched SO MANY!!! We thank you for such a driving inspiration in music & our lives!! This has got to be one of the saddest days in music history!! Michael Rest In Peace! WE miss you!

Shanna Moakler: The hard thing about getting older is watching all those who inspired you pass, love to the jackson family.

Perez Hilton: It's days like this that put it all into perspective. If you're reading this right now, you are blessed to be alive. Hug your family.

Shaquille ONeal: aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh dam dam dam

Ludacris: If it were not for Micheal Jackson I would not be where or who I am today.His Music and Legacy will live on Forever.Prayers to the famR.I.P.

Star Jones: Death comes to all. But great achievements build a monument." He IS and WAS the greatest entertainer of all times...Peace to you brother.

Demi Moore: I am greatly saddened for the loss of both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Especially for their children!

Sara Bareilles: I'm sad that Michael Jackson died. And Farrah. What a weird day. I'm going to eat cheese and watch CNN. Sniff.

Michelle Williams, formerly of Destiny's Child: I am absolutely stunned as every1 around the world is....

Heidi Montag: The world has suffered a GREAT loss today Michael Jackson my thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and fans God bless God rest his soul he will live on forever! life is so short enjoy every second God gives you!

Questlove, The Roots: Im am devastated over this but we all have memories. i just hope that he will get due justice in all the press memorials and whatnot. i know he was mired in controversy the last decade of his life but i think its time we let him rest in peace and learn to separate the ART and the ARTIST. --that is the MJ i will forever remember.

Solange: My fifth birthday party was M.J. themed, I insisted.My mother found a lookalike to come sing happy birthday and I KNEW he wasn't MY Michael

Thank you Michael Jackson for being my FIRST of many! My mother took me to my FIRST concert, I was only two years old. I fell in love.

Denise Richards: this is just so sad !! I can't believe it! Shocking ..

Ice T: Rest In Peace Mike. People can say what they want but you were 100% original. WE will always love , miss & remember your GREATNESS.

Wyclef Jean "music god. he made me believe that all things are possible and through positive music he will live forever."

Ashton Kutcher: I plea to the press to respect his wishes of maintaining the anonymity of his children. Rip Sending love and light to family and friend but especially his kids.

Jenny McCarthy: Michael Jackson has passed away. His spirit and creative influence will live on through his music that we have loved for decades.

Kirstie Alley: Don't know what to say...so I will say I am so sorry for his family either way... What a horrible way to find these things out...sorry

Jordin Sparks: Omg I'm bawling right now. Michael....

JC Chasez, in a statement to Us: "Words can't begin to describe my sadness for the loss of Michael Jackson. I was honored and humbled to have the opportunity to perform with him several times and he had a profound influence on my career. Michael forever changed the world of music and entertainment and I will always remember him for his kind and sweet spirit."

Danny Masterson: Im very sad that the possibility of a jackson 5 reunion is unwinding b4 my eyes...... Tip ur 40s. See you next time around little michael.:-(

Cary Hart: Man, terrible day. Farra, and jackson in one day. Terrible.

Nicky Hilton: Praying for the Jackson family

Mark Hoppus: first album i ever bought was thriller. with birthday money. on cassette. for my brand new sony walkman. truth. rest in peace.

Travis Barker: I'm speechless, WTF?

Diablo Cody: We just cued up "Wanna Be Starting Something" in the office. What a great song. RIP.

Katy Perry: Oh my God.

Martha Stewart: i am waiting to see if the rumors are true about michael jackson if he has indeed died i am very sorry i am also very saddened about FF

Ashley Tisdale: So sad. Saying a prayer for Michael Jackson.

Dane Cook: I'm dedicating my show 2night to Michael Jackson. THRILLER got me laid. Well... At least thats what I told my friends.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from a pederast i far preferred, on the present subject:

The spotted hawk swoops by and accuses me, he complains of my gab

and my loitering.

I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,

I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world.

The last scud of day holds back for me,

It flings my likeness after the rest and true as any on the shadow'd wilds,

It coaxes me to the vapor and the dusk.

I depart as air, I shake my white locks at the runaway sun,

I effuse my flesh in eddies, and drift it in lacy jags.

I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the grass I love,

If you want me again look for me under your boot-soles.

You will hardly know who I am or what I mean,

But I shall be good health to you nevertheless,

And filter and fibre your blood.

Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged,

Missing me one place search another,

I stop somewhere waiting for you.

doug i don't know who you are nor do i really care but you seem rather antognistic.

my thoughts on MJ have to do with his prior erratic behaviour with his own children (think balcony incident). Further, think about the burden of being raised by a man with such a reputation and even his fame. Perhaps it will be better to for them to be raised with the ongoing suspicion and jokes about their father? i didn't wish the man dead but i'm not sure it doesn't have some perks. i know my death will.

Minx, I am just trying to keep a little perspective on the death of the most popular entertainer to ever walk the earth. I also will have to concur about his erratic behavior. I do not condone such actions, although on the other hand I have a hard time judging the man. I have never sold 750 millions albums and grossed more than a billion dollars. I don’t know what that kind of stress is like. I take it, nor do you. I hope his family will find peace in the up coming days, months and years.

Wow some of you are totally pathetic.

I'm really sad for Michael Jackson, and his children. If 1% of the attention that was spent on making him a star was spent on helping him cope with becoming such a star, let alone dealing with not having a childhood, I think the outcome would have been so different. It's sad to know that deep down he was ashamed of who he was. People relished in the shadefreude of watching him self destruct.

Salient points from the NY Times' earlier retrospective of MJ right when he died:

-Neverland was incredibly expensive to maintain so he borrowed hundreds of millions of dollars from banks to keep it going, debts I assume he still carried when he died.

-He and Sony co-owned a portfolio of songs that included hundreds of Beatles songs that people think would fetch $1 billion at auction.

I don't know if I have any strong feelings either way about MJ as a person. He was pretty fucked up, but I think like half the celebrities in Porter's twatter list are as well. (Lindsey Lohan anyone?) In as much as we created "Michael Jackson" the celebrity, I think I sort of agree with Jon that we should at least take a little responsibility for twisting him into the gargoyle he became.

Say what you will about his parenting (really, most people should not be parents, least of all celebrities), just remember that he made Thriller.

Thriller.

"No joke. King of Pop is no more. Wow," Michael Harris, 36, of New York City, read from a text message a friend sent to his telephone. "It's like when Kennedy was assassinated."--AP 6/25/09

Dude! I read the same thing! It will be a frozen point in time for today's spoiled generation. 30 years from now it's going to be, "Where were you when you first heard that Michael Jackson died?"

"...uh, I heard he had some good CD's...uh...I think I cried for days...yah, I think that's what happened....wasn't he one of them dudes at Woodstock?"

Like, uh....I can see the comparison! You do the math:

JKF, widely beloved world leader, untimely, shocking and horrible demise:

John_F_Kennedy_White_House_portrait.jpg

Jacko, sold a bunch of records, could walk backwards, and his best friend was a monkey named "Bubbles".

20080311Bubbles.jpg

In the hours following Jackson's death, his record sales increased dramatically. His album Thriller climbed to number one on the American iTunes music chart, while another eight have made it into the top 40.[175] In the UK, where Jackson would have performed in less than three weeks, his albums occupied 14 of the top 20 places on the Amazon.co.uk sales chart with Off The Wall topping the chart. In the UK iTunes store on June 26, thirty-nine of Jackson's songs were in the Top 100 best selling songs list, in addition to four Jackson 5 songs.[176]

It has been reported that police are searching for Michael Jackson's personal doctor, currently missing, after the star's family suggested he died because of a drug overdose of Demerol, a synthetic form of morphine.

What I'm mostly concerned about at this point are the missing accounts of the years Michael spent while in "exile" in Qatar or Abu Dhabi or wherever the fuck he was. A guy like that could've got up into some serious weirdness given a free hand in a place like that. Witnesses are probably being knocked off right now by the banks that Jacko owed money who're counting on recouping their cash through boosted record sales.

Oswald found irony in Michael Jackson's action against him: Jackson has done his share of appropriating. Oswald says Jackson included, without attribution, more than a minute of the Cleveland Orchestra's 1961 recording of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony in the song "Will You Be There" on his Dangerous album.

"The credits to this song list Michael Jackson as the composer, the writer, and the rhythm and vocal arranger, but the track begins with a large segment of the Cleveland Orchestra recording, unaltered," Oswald complains. "It's even fairly hissy. There is nothing added to it until after it's finished, and Michael's song begins. Beethoven and his lyricist, Schiller, aren't mentioned. It's probably the longest example of directly sampled musical theft and plagiarism in pop music. Can anyone trust that 'Will You be There' really is Michael's song?"

Noting the "artistic alterations plastic surgeons have performed on the singer," Oswald asks, "Who owns Michael Jackson's face?" Would one of those surgeons sue Jackson over subsequent alterations? "Copyright protects against defacing one's creative endeavors, after all."

And can they license it for remixes?

doug i don't know who you are nor do i really care but you seem rather antognistic.

my thoughts on MJ have to do with his prior erratic behaviour with his own children (think balcony incident). Further, think about the burden of being raised by a man with such a reputation and even his fame. Perhaps it will be better to for them to be raised with the ongoing suspicion and jokes about their father? i didn't wish the man dead but i'm not sure it doesn't have some perks. i know my death will.

Now his gets get to enjoy years of court appearances and custody battles as the greedy try to cash in on MJ's assets.