Health care

glassgowkiss

We already have Medicaid, Medicare, and SCHIP. Once the government controls your health care, they can exert influence over every aspect of your life--including "risky activities" like climbing mountains. Have you really thought this thing through?

You mean like they do in all those dystopian nightmares in virtually the rest of the industrialized world where they've banned all dangerous activities like rock climbing due to the high health care costs?! Take your meds, corporate tool.

It turns out these Euro's are mostly right of your messiah. We don't hear of busy-bodies there trying to regulate high fructose corn sweetener as a drug like the Dem-fucks you helped vote into office. Imagine being told what edible foods you are allowed to consume by your government--all in the name of "controlling health care costs". :rolleyes:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you realize how much freedom you will sacrifice? Do you realize how much freedom you will be taking from others?

?

I think people in countries with socialized health care are pretty happy about it.

Not true. Great Britain's system is in utter turmoil right now.

And in the US isn't? A friend of my had a shoulder replacement surgery in Vancouver BC. Her total bill was $280. My wife has an ankle surgery and even we pay close to 300 bucks for her coverage a month, we still have to dish out close to 1500 for what Regence did not cover.

Oh, also check your policy. If you have more serious illness you'll run out of coverage before you die. So you hated Medicare might be your only option to continue treatment. Most of policies will only cover up to 2 million per lifetime. It's not so much if you have MS or a cancer, where you'll use about 250K in just meds per year.

But hey, you two's track record on EVERY SINGLE OTHER FUCKING ISSUE for the last 9 years has been spot on so why question it!

Again:

Imagine being told what edible foods you are allowed to consume by your government--all in the name of "controlling health care costs".

Do you deny this will happen?

Glad you're willing to sacrifice freedom for security. I'll pass, thanks.

Really????!!!!! No you already did sacrifice, by voting for bush you dolt.

Again:

How long did your friend have to wait? What was the quality of care? Do you think the care was really $280.00? Somebody paid.

How long did your friend have to wait? What was the quality of care? Do you think the care was really $280.00? Somebody paid.

oh please, make an ass out of yourself more. Like in Canada there are no surgeons who know how to operate. Quality was fine, so was the final result. She is still in the rehab, as shoulder do take longer hen other joints. It was about 3 month between Dx and the Tx, so the same as here.

$280.00? Somebody paid.

Undoubtedly.

But what would you say the purpose of government is? Should individuals be financially responsible for random illnesses that are unbelievably expensive to treat? Should the government spend all its money in wars and coups abroad? Should the soldiers who fight and are injured in those wars have to shoulder their medical costs? (After all, in a volunteer army, they chose to go to war.) And if the government stops wasting all its money on wars and instead spent it on health care, it's the same money - the same people are paying. Ultimately, someone is always paying. Even private insurance companies - their coverage comes from premiums collected from other customers. (Ie, you and I both pay for health care, I go have surgery, the insurance pays for my surgery out of both of our premiums, meaning you pay for my surgery.) This just seems like redistribution of how money is allocated.

But hey, you two's track record on EVERY SINGLE OTHER FUCKING ISSUE for the last 9 years has been spot on so why question it!

Again:

Imaging being told what edible foods you are allowed to consume by your government--all in the name of "controlling health care costs".

Do you deny this will happen?

Yes. You're delusional and possibly psychotic.

Edited by prole

But what would you say the purpose of government is?

You should start with the U.S. Constitution as you seek the answer to this question. You won't find anything about healthcare.

...you and I both pay for health care, I go have surgery, the insurance pays for my surgery out of both of our premiums, meaning you pay for my surgery.)
This inequity is desirable compared to the government's gloved hand up our collective anus.

This just seems like redistribution of how money is allocated.

Revealing, indeed.

...you and I both pay for health care, I go have surgery, the insurance pays for my surgery out of both of our premiums, meaning you pay for my surgery.)
This inequity is desirable compared to the government's gloved hand up our collective anus.

Why? Other than the fact that if the government were in charge, conceivably there are fewer middlemen, less discrimination, operating and user costs go down, the total number of people go up (ie, coverage becomes equal on a citizen basis, not a financial basis), etc. etc. etc. I mean, if you want to argue that covering more people - especially those with serious, expensive, possibly terminal illnesses - would be significantly more expensive than refusing to cover those people the way the provider system does now, that's technically valid, but then we'd have to discuss, again, what the role of the government is in providing for all, and whether ethics dictate that all who need help receive it (if they can).

It turns out these Euro's are mostly right of your messiah. We don't hear of busy-bodies there trying to regulate high fructose corn sweetener as a drug like the Dem-fucks you helped vote into office. Imagine being told what edible foods you are allowed to consume by your government--all in the name of "controlling health care costs". :rolleyes:

You are greatly mistaken. The food market is way more regulated in Europe. A lot of countries implemented their additional regulatory measures. One is GM foods, but in Germany beer sold can't have any preserving agents in it.

What are you saying? That HFCS is good for you? I don't think you even have a basic knowledge of human physiology to voice your opinion. Maybe according to you cigarettes are harmless too? You might want to open a book from time to time.

You are greatly mistaken. The food market is way more regulated in Europe. A lot of countries implemented their additional regulatory measures. One is GM foods, but in Germany beer sold can't have any preserving agents in it.

What are you saying? That HFCS is good for you? I don't think you even have a basic knowledge of human physiology to voice your opinion. Maybe according to you cigarettes are harmless too? You might want to open a book from time to time.

:lmao::lmao: Um, yeah. :rolleyes: