DC route with daughter

Bug

Olivia (13) and I did the DC route last weekend. It was in excellent shape. We arrived in Paradise in a late afternoon downpour but it let up. We made it to Muir right at dark. Moved to Ingraham flats the next day. And started up at midnight.

We summitted on father's day and hiked out.

Olivia said it was boring. Not surprising since we hiked up in fog and climbed in the dark.

She was glad she did it but also glad she doesn't have to do it again. "Well maybe if Meredith wants to in a couple years......"

The first thing she did when we got to the car was plug in her cell phone.

Cheers.Scout_and_Olivia_on_Rainier_102.JPGScout_and_Olivia_on_Rainier_088.JPG

Edited by Bug

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She accidentally called me on her cell last night and I overheard her talking to her friends.

Besides being a dung beatle I invade my daughter's privacy whenever possible and listened in.

She talked about a boy. "Did he say he likes you?" was a q from a friend. "Well sort of.." she replied. "Squeeeeeeeel!! He likes you!"

She quickly changed the subject. "I climbed Rainier last weekend." "You WHAT!?" "I was on the summit Mt Rainier yesterday with my dad."

Priceless.