Governor says fuck it, and leaves for the mountain

Dhamma

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because morons like you and j_b do. Sad.

Do what??

I don't give a shit. MSNBC is rabidly liberal. ABC, somewhat. Fox News is rabidly conservative. BFD. We all know this. I'm just asking why you're so outraged about "perceived bias" that you've long ago established and come to expect.

That would be about like someone expressing outrage that Sean Hannity was on Fox with no rebuttal available (i.e. when punching bag Alan Colmes was still on).

If MSNBC is rabidly liberal why don't they cover the single payer option? If ABC is somewhat liberal why was the single-payer otion mentionned 4 times in 6 month (3 of which by opponents of single payer)? Did any of them oppose attacking Iraq? Did any of them oppose the liberticidal patriot Act?

Edited by j_b

I think you're just pissed that the issue is being spotlighted in the first place. It's a debate and discussion you'd rather not see or hear because you don't like what's being tabled by the president. My guess is that Obama's pipe dream isn't going to be the final product but rather that it will be some sort of compromise. I do really think that most people in favor of a change are not asking for "free" care, just hoping for something that people can afford according to their pay scale. I'm willing to pay for my health care, but there's not much incentive to pay for insurance if it isn't going to help when it counts.

Lots of people are taking their chances without insurance for this very reason. If people are reluctant to go to the doctor, the general health of the population declines. And it is pretty well proven that healthy societies are happier and more productive.

when it comes to politicians sleeping aroudn all that matters in the public mind is: how does the other chick look? clinton couldn't be forgiven b/c he was fucking a frumpy chick in the bathroom - if mrs argentina is haaaaawt then gov's respekt goes waaaay up!

When you know that the "too radical" Kennedy proposal on health care would still leave 35 millions without coverage, it gives a fair idea of the "compromise" you are going to get: Business As Usual.

I was actually directing that post at Fairweather. But yes, in the end, I'm not expecting shit from this president or the next.

when it comes to politicians sleeping aroudn all that matters in the public mind is: how does the other chick look? clinton couldn't be forgiven b/c he was fucking a frumpy chick in the bathroom - if mrs argentina is haaaaawt then gov's respekt goes waaaay up!

So Monica Lewinsky was Clintons downfall. That Horn Toad hit on that after a string hitting on hotties. Is this true for the evangelists who vote for Sanford? They'll be fine if Ms. Argentina is hawt? I don't think John Edwards had to worry about those folks as most of them didn't vote for him, but this dude does.

So along Ivans theory (which is most likely correct) does anyone got any pics of the woman? At the beach say.... :shock:

I wonder if she's got an Argentine wax.

The good news on this is it finally shut this hypocrites mouth once and for all on all the affairs President Clinton was having.....

"........Sanford, however, did not resign his position as South Carolina's Chief Executive. That has foes on both sides of the political aisle crying foul (a shameless reference to his alleged dove hunting trip to Argentina).

This was also different from the position Sanford took in 1998 when then-President Bill Clinton was caught in an affair with intern Monica Lewinsky. In a Post-Courier article (9/12/98) Sanford is quoted as saying "it would be much better for the country and him personally (to resign). I come from the business side. If you had a chairman or president in the business world facing these allegations, he'd be gone. "...........

....I suspect he'll be joining Gary Hart and John Edwards soon as out of work politicians.