Governor says fuck it, and leaves for the mountain

Dhamma

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who gives a fuck who they're fucking around with? Seems irrelevant to me

yeah i'm sure most people would have confidence in someone to honestly handle government affairs if that person lies to their family....

real integrity there, oh boy.

Does that mean you expect your government officials to be personally flawless? Aren't you used to disappointment, by now?

yeah i'm sure most people would have confidence in someone to honestly handle government affairs if that person lies to their family....

I'm pretty sure everyone lies to someone (including their family) about something, even priests and *gasp* politicians. Ostensibly, a politician's "integrity" should be obvious through the policy decisions they make (unless you're worried about graft, but that doesn't seem to be an issue here, or with Spitzer, or Clinton, etc.). The question, then, is whether what a person - even a public figure, like a politician - does in his or her private life, assuming it's legal, is any of our business. I would say the answer is no. If it turns out Barack Obama likes to dress up in Michelle's clothes (that'd be a funny mental image!), who cares? Private should be private.

That said, this South Carolina dude clearly does not have the capacity to make proper decisions if his affair is causing him to jaunt off to South America without telling anyone, leaving his entire office (and the whole state?) wondering where he is and who's in charge. He also doesn't seem smart enough to be in charge if he actually thought he'd get away with just disappearing out of the country for a few days, like no one would notice...

Seems to me that the more an elected official gets laid, the less likely they are to want to purchase large, expensive weapons systems with my money.

Kinda works that way on an individual basis, anyway. The bigger the gun...

I think you should run the numbers on that one, and if it checks out, push for federally funded concubines for civil servants. I'll bet the rest of the world would pony up the money for it if it seems like it'll reduce our propensity for invading/conquering other countries and killing people.

Now you're going to toss my Bill Clinton vote back in my face huh? I felt that way then: that where a mans penis has been is not a concern to me, and I haven't changed. Now this yoink dragging God up in front of everyone while he publicly cry's crocodile tears and dreams of those hot warm Argentina thighs is bullshit, but that's another subject.

You see onathem perty lil pieces a mountain trash with her skirt hiked up so that warm river water rushes through just the right spot between her hungry legs and your gonna forget all about your fat old wife, too.

A man kin only take so much....

Interesting, bring some pictures with this trip report will ya?

BTW, I think both the Congress and Senate would operate better if they were just more sexually active. Lots of repression in those hallowed halls which gets worked out in strange ways.

He didn't lie to his family, his wife has known about the affair for five months.

hmmm, i'm pretty sure he lied at some point, right? but that wasn't the issue for me; the issue was rob's flippant attitude towards behaviour that causes immense pain in many families.

Does that mean you expect your government officials to be personally flawless? Aren't you used to disappointment, by now?

Not entirely. However, when you are running under the banner of the party that claimed superior moral values. Sen. Ensign was once quoted as saying he was so devoted to his wife, he would not even get in a taxi with another woman. That's where the integrity thing takes a hit. I'd much rather vote for someone who would say, ya know I ain't perfect, but I think I can run this place.

He didn't lie to his family, his wife has known about the affair for five months.

hmmm, i'm pretty sure he lied at some point, right? but that wasn't the issue for me; the issue was rob's flippant attitude towards behaviour that causes immense pain in many families.

lol, trust me, I know the kind of pain that causes to families. I'm not being flippant. I'm just saying it's not any of my fucking business. It's between him and his family, and, imo, has no bearing on his ability to be an effective executive. Taking off without telling anybody? That's a much more worthy criticism.

i bet rob knows more about this than you do ;)

Seriously? How does that relate to politics?

That, and he believes in God. That also makes him an idiot.

Funny question: even though belief in some sort of invisible pink unicorn/sky fairy is totally inexplicable and "obviously" smacks of some sort of delusion or mental illness, do you ever think about the fact that something like 90% of the world's population believes in "god," making those of us in the other 10% the extreme outliers? Statistically speaking, we're the weird ones...

see my first post.

and doug's, ie party of god and morals and all that shizzle.

if instead of being a republican he was a satanist liar, then probably no hypocrisy.

again, my comment was directed at what i perceived to be rob's flippancy. and yes politicians are human and make mistakes, and shouldn't necessarily be unelectable or impeached for this. but i do "give a shit" about what they do.

party of god and morals and all that shizzle.

if instead of being a republican he was a satanist liar, then probably no hypocrisy.

I figured that the Republican party's claims to godliness and morality had been ironically disproved so many times at this point that no one paid any attention anymore.

Actually I don't know why anyone would pay any attention to any political party's claims to moral values. What a meaningless concept that is, especially for them.

behaviour that causes immense pain in many families.

Sorry, that's what I was actually referring to. I'm sure it sucks for all involved, but it's not a political matter. (And if you're using that as a justification for questioning the politician's integrity, see the whole previous discussion about personal privacy.)