Pope banned

Raindawg

Banning pope?

Dat weak sauce.

WEAKSAUCE.jpg

I happens to know that the feller has had some good trips in the mountains lately on a bike, had a few beers, and wanted to share his enthusiasm.

I've got to agree with him: jackass, worthless "forums" such as "cafe sensitivo" and "pirates" are a stinkin' waste of space, better replaced by single forums on related mountain subjects such as burly mountain biking and backcountry skiing.

I was with him and Fairweather, albeit on running foot, during last week's mountain adventure and it was awesome. (we call it a "huck and run"...they huck, I run).

Check out his TR: Suntop Mayhem

i have to say that mountain biking has as much relevence to a climbing site as does skiing...

It ain't as if it's going to be a slippery slope to a forum on scrapbooking or such, and they are sure as heck more relevant than "for the fathers", "happy birthday kevbone" and other pathetic topics. And then the pirates thing with a grand total of 99 inane threads....the old "arrrrrr" joke can only go so faaaaaaaaar.

2644969615_74e21b03d2.jpg

Come on Off, dude can't stay up till midnight drinkin' and rant to his buddies about something he feels is important without being banzed? .....

I don't Mt Bike, but suspect I'd prefer it over a "Pirates" forum.

Dang bill-dude...you make sense...for once.

When someone summits and descends Rainier on a bike, then we can have a bike forum.

A while back, I posted pictures of myself doing the first ski descent of the West Face of Grand Central Tower at the Peshastin Pinnacles. The ski taboo has already been broken.

Awesome Ski Descent of Classic Leavenworth Rock Climb

If Pope had wanted to discuss a MTB forum, he should have posted it in Climbers Board or maybe the CC.news forum and gotten some input. Since he posted the question in every forum one can only conclude he wanted to get booted from the board.

Wrong conclusion. As I've stated above, he was enthusiastically drunk. Like you've never been drunk and enthusiastic?

he'll stay banned for now so he can sleep off whatever drink or drug he was on when he chose to do this.

Pyramid Thunderhead IPA. And no, I wasn't there, egging him on. I have finer tastes:

mickey_s.jpg

I am serious...but I agree the addition of a Sport climbing forum ( with a no flaming allowed disclaimer of course) would be cool. I believe this would really enhance the boards without diluting the primary content.

A special place where those who promote or condone their special exceptionalist version of the "leave no trace" philosophy can thrive and continue to convince each other that the emperor is actually wearing clothes. Good times? Whatever :rolleyes:

In short, pope be just trying to share da love and open a few minds to some more mountain fun...Ban him? that's up to the moderators, but in the meantime, he coming over to my house in's about 10 minutes to drink some Thunderheads and watch some climbin' videos.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A special place where those who promote or condone their special exceptionalist version of the "leave no trace" philosophy can thrive and continue to convince each other that the emperor is actually wearing clothes. Good times? Whatever

Dwayner, you took my comment out of context... fucktard.

I had said essentially if it takes making a "sport climbing" forum to get a "cardio" aka cycling forum then lets do it. Thanks for bending what ppl say to fuel your stupid ideology.

and they are sure as heck more relevant than "for the fathers" thread

Since talking about your children is not climbing related, that particular thread is in the right place. Spray. Rain....are you saying you dont have childred? I think you do. That thread was not started to become popular.....but afer 18 pages....well....its a nice place to share pictures for us dads. If you dont like it....dont post in it.

Dawg, that ski descent TR is a damned gem, I missed it before, thanks for the link.

Spamming every forum with the same topic and getting your buddy to plead that you should suffer no consequences because you were drunk? That's weaksauce my friend. Did you ever try floating that line past your parents? Whatever happened to the old fashioned tradition of taking personal responsibility for one's actions?

Funny thing is, I think there's some support for the idea of a MTB forum, its a pity the idea wasn't put forth with a little respect.

Dwayner, you took my comment out of context... f&*ktard.

I had said essentially if it takes making a "sport climbing" forum to get a "cardio" aka cycling forum then lets do it. Thanks for bending what ppl say to fuel your stupid ideology.

Too bad, dude. I'll take any opportunity to promote my "ideology". It has never failed to befuddle me that someone of your insight and sensitivity can't understand why your own dubious notion of environmentalism is in fact not just stupid, but rather stupid, e.g. unhibited drilling for personal satisfaction at the expense of the finite rock resource. Whose the "f-tard"? to use your own crass terminology. Look in the mirror.

Tard.jpg

....are you saying you dont have childred? I think you do.

Can't answer your question, dude...I don't know what a "chidred" is.

If you dont like it....dont post in it.

I don't....because it's lame.

it is certainly an interesting "ideology" that promotes both a "leave no trace" climbing ethic as well as mountain biking. i'm not sure how a few bolts is somehow a massive degradation of nature while ripping through the wilderness on a mountain bike somehow leaves things the way you found them.

maybe pope isn't the only one posting while intoxicated.

How about an "Other Trip Reports and Outdoor Activities" forum?

That is a good idea, it allows hiking, biking, and kayaking.

it is certainly an interesting "ideology" that promotes both a "leave no trace" climbing ethic as well as mountain biking. i'm not sure how a few bolts is somehow a massive degradation of nature while ripping through the wilderness on a mountain bike somehow leaves things the way you found them.

I am sure that neither Pope or Dawg condones biking in a Wilderness or a Roadless study area (but you are correct that there are MTB who abhore Wilderness protection). There are many areas of typically "multi-use" where MTB is a fine activity

Well, we'll keep an eye on this and hope the Pope returns soon.

pope1.jpg

Meantime, it should be noted that this rupture in the "Time-Space Continum" has caused the Lil Dawg to appear disturbed.

(pic below)

Lil_Dawg_small.jpg

Even Lil Hitler's rattled and says "Bring back the Pope!" hitler_army_baby_pic.JPG

Better bring on the Mickeys girl Don posted above to calm him down.

:wave:

GO Pope. I thought it ws ballsy and a tiny bit funny. Something good could come from it.

The "Other Trip Reports Forum" is a great idea.It would be cool to see other interests that people here are into. I would do a whitewater rafting tr for sure.Replace the pirates forum w/it?

The change won't come as a result of Pope's shenanigans. It will (or won't) come about because the majority of the users here want it.

I'm not immune to the humor of his drunken prank. Anyway, he can thank Billcoe for his unbanning, as Bill sent in the ransom money. :grlaf: