New Forum

pope

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys should come mtn biking with me in SLC, we've got some sweet trails. One ride is 30 miles of singletrack with 4k of uphill, but 7k of desent!

Another 2-wheeler fanatic comes out of the closet. Here's a guy....not just a guy, but a brother-truckin' tough guy.....who would support, if I'm interpreting correctly, a mt bike forum. And if Layton's on board, what more do we now need?

Despite all of the rumors flying about and numerous emails I have received, the answer is no, it is not true that we are going to ride our mountain bikes down the NE Face of Mount Fury. Aside from the likelihood that the descent is fraught with danger and obstacles, the face itself lies within a designated wilderness area. I am happy to report, however, that skis are not considered mechanized and may be used for this grade IV national park descent--and inclusion in a cc.com trip report forum.

furyupper.jpg

fuck mt bikes

i ride one...there great

this is cascade climbers... ENOUGH SAID

get a HOOD only forum....oregon is a lot cooler than the GD south side.

Mt Hood. Can't you ride a SnowCat up that inferior little prominitory?

I like kevbone. It's good to have someone to kick around. His personality is uniquely capable of handling such abuse. Like an irish terrier.

Thanks Rob...I like you too....

found a job yet?

Am I looking for a job? :confused:

Keep up, man!

Pope and I have a secret MTB project that is all at once audacious in concept, spectacular in its successful implementation, and certain to offend the climbing world. (Like that takes much :rolleyes:) Stay tuned, bitches.

This bitch is staying tuned.

While we wait for your bodacious spectacular event: U-tube search "Mountain Unicycle".

I think it would be pretty cool to have a MTB forum. Seems like a benie in having all the old logging roads criss-crossing the hills is that you can ride them and get a nice workout and decent scenery.

I don't necessarily need a bunch of single-track to have fun - just a remote MTB ride somewhere would be great and having some beta from those in the know would be helpful.

My experience is that climbers don't just climb - they MTB, ski\board, kayak, etc.

If there are enough MTB'ers out there - why not keep them on this board.

My experience is that climbers don't just climb - they MTB, ski\board, kayak, etc.

We definitely need to make sure that we have a TR forum for every possible hobby each member might have. Instead of being a great forum for climbing, we can be a mediocre forum for everything! Hurray!

I could see the concern about "diluting" the core mission of the board, but if enough people that post here also MTB, I don't see it really stunting climbing conversations and trip reports.

I think its more about quantity of people that do both rather than catering to each unique, however small, subset. Apparently, there were a lot of pirates out there with a need for a place to post.

Not saying it is a perfect comparison to cc.com, but TGR seems to thrive despite having a pretty big variety of sports.

you guys should come mtn biking with me in SLC, we've got some sweet trails. One ride is 30 miles of singletrack with 4k of uphill, but 7k of desent!

go south for better riding. slick rock 4 lyfe. poison spider mesa. porcupine rim. amasa back. hurrah pass. flat pass. etc.

Or you could come try stuff like this in Bangladesh

River Jumping

Or you could go to Rwanda for stuff like this

Muzungu Express

We need a forum on this very important issue that our country is dealing with right now.

gosselin-split-b.jpg

Now here's a pair. Not enough brains to fake the marriage til the meal ticket ran out (which would have been soon enough, but still). Now they'll duke it out in court and all their not-so-hard-earned baksheesh will flow into the tailored suit pockets of their respective legal teams.

Unless..."Season II: Reconciliation!"

I like NOVA better...you get to actually see the queen termite or leatherback pumping them out. Or were birthing videos in the show, too?

We need a forum on this very important issue that our country is dealing with right now.

gosselin-split-b.jpg

Now here's a pair. Not enough brains to fake the marriage til the meal ticket ran out (which would have been soon enough, but still). Now they'll duke it out in court and all their not-so-hard-earned baksheesh will flow into the tailored suit pockets of their respective legal teams.

Unless..."Season II: Reconciliation!"

I like NOVA better...you get to actually see the queen termite or leatherback pumping them out. Or were birthing videos in the show, too?

Mods! This belongs in the Jon and Kate +8 thread until the Jon and Kate Forum has been created. What is the hold up anyway?