New Forum

pope

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be happy to donate $25.00 towards the creation of this board.

You rule, I will forward you my mailing address via PM. In fact, add another $25 for the Sport climbing forum and well be square at $50.

Thank you

LOL, I am serious...but I agree the addition of a Sport climbing forum ( with a no flaming allowed disclaimer of course) would be cool. I believe this would really enhance the boards without diluting the primary content.

creating work

Yep, there's the rub: intentionally wasting admin time. Pope's due a time out for sure, I'd expect to receive that same treatment myself if I spammed every forum.

I understand...I kind of like Pope, I even kind of like Raindawg too. What the hell is wrong with me?

Oh, I kind of like those guys too. Dawg hasn't gone anywhere, and I think Pope is merely on sabbatical.

I don't really have an opinion on an MTB forum, seems like a different subculture with some overlap, but whatever. I don't think a separate sport climbing forum is called for either, though I wouldn't mind seeing a little more self-applied tolerance in the rock climbing forum around the subject.

Its hard to say, granted other forums exist specifically for the ATB crowd.

It is just nice having it under the umbrella of an already formed family.

The sport climbing idea was just my attempt to "give" a little :)

I really dont think that would be needed at all.

However a cardio/run/ride forum might go as we have alot of cyclists and trailrunners.

But hey its just a thought and no disrespect intended.

You rule, I will forward you my mailing address via PM. In fact, add another $25 for the Sport climbing forum and well be square at $50.

Thank you

What just happened here?

It's easy for us to create a forum, it's just a matter of whether it makes sense. I don't have a problem making mt. biking, hiking, photography, kayaking, wii, snaffle watching forums, it's easy to do. The pirate and sensitivo forums were just meant as a joke and we kind of just never took them down. As far as a Hood forum, that is something we are talking about, it's just a matter of moving all of the Hood content in that forum. Quite honestly though, the forum in a way is kind of irrelevant, it's how easy you can find the information and that is something we need to work on here. If people want to propose a list of forums for us to make we'll throw the idea around.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease don't close the Cafe'. It serves a very important niche here. sickie

YES! Cafe is a nice quiet place for personal stuff. I agree that it serves a very key niche for people that dont want spray or have something interesting to offer like family stuff, cool craft stuff etc.

A nice balance is a good thing.

Also I would like to go with the MTB forum a road biking forum, a Euro roadbiking forum, unicycle forum, a Seattle area commuter/racer forum, a Portland fixie forum, a downhill forum, an XC forum, a free ride forum. kayaking i'd like to see white water kayaking, sea kayaking, and wave riding kayaking. i'd also like a surfing forum, a standing paddle board forum, a prone paddle board forum, and a hobie cat forum. also a forum for each class of sailboat. i'm big into digital photography, so a forum for each major brand of digital SLR would be cool. I would also like a computer/techie forum.

this will get us started, i have about 50 other hobbies.

the hood forum is so needed....the bullshit about south side updates always kills any real new topics. hood is climbed far more often and sees many more requests for information and conditions and TR than any other mountain or area on this site, if that doesn't make sense , but having several for WA does, than I guess I am the one that is clueless.

the hood forum is so needed....the bullshit about south side updates always kills any real new topics. hood is climbed far more often and sees many more requests for information and conditions and TR than any other mountain or area on this site, if that doesn't make sense , but having several for WA does, than I guess I am the one that is clueless.

They say Hood is the second most climbed Mt IN THE WORLD!. The Mt Hood stuff even spreads to other forums.

Here's 3 on the first page of the "climbing" forum right now. It's not even interesting stuff....wheres my camera, wheres the high camp on S side....anyone have any pics of the S side?

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/889283/Lost_Camera_on_Cooper_Spur#Post889283

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/888942/Mt_Hood_Old_Chute_Route_photos#Post888942

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/884725/Mt_Hood_Hogsback_high_camp_loc#Post884725

At least you don't have to search as they are all on top. Bring on some steep ice/dodging rocks North Face pics, that's worthwhile and interesting at least.

Thank you

What just happened here?

LOL, just joking. PhoQ, send the scratch to the site dudes! There is a Paypal link on the left center of the page.