New Forum

pope

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[img:center]http://images.indiebound.com/066/226/9780743226066.jpg[/img]

[img:center]http://www.mountaineers.org/nwmj/images/061/061_Watson_Paradise_Ski.jpg[/img]

Don't make me force Duke to get involved. He's old, but he'd kick your ass.

They have been called the Greatest Generation, the men and women who fought World War II and launched an era of unprecedented prosperity and progress in America. The war generation transformed civic life in the United States. They also nurtured the sports of mountaineering and skiing from infancy to maturity. Veterans of the 10th Mountain Division are renowned in the Rocky Mountains and New England for their contributions to downhill skiing and technical mountaineering. Ironically, they are less well known in the Northwest, where the 10th was born on the slopes of Mount Rainier. Northwest men were key members of the division and after the war they contributed to outdoor recreation in this region just as they did elsewhere in the country. One of the earliest recruits into the mountain troops was Roe Duke Watson.

NorthWest Mountaineering Journal

Edited by Feck

If Pope had wanted to discuss a MTB forum, he should have posted it in Climbers Board or maybe the CC.news forum and gotten some input. Since he posted the question in every forum one can only conclude he wanted to get booted from the board.

Are you saying he got banned?

If Pope had wanted to discuss a MTB forum, he should have posted it in Climbers Board or maybe the CC.news forum and gotten some input. Since he posted the question in every forum one can only conclude he wanted to get booted from the board.

Come on Off, dude can't stay up till midnight drinkin' and rant to his buddies about something he feels is important without being banzed? .....

I don't Mt Bike, but suspect I'd prefer it over a "Pirates" forum.

i did it, not off. and posting the same BS in every forum is not "ranting" its called being a total jackass and creating work for me.

he'll stay banned for now so he can sleep off whatever drink or drug he was on when he chose to do this.

btw, i would say that the other thing I enjoy doing most is mountain biking. i'm just not how it fits into a board dedicated to mountaineering and climbing. all our advertising and focus is on climbing and skiing. jon and i could spin up a mountain biking board. i also know there are other several boards out there today that serve this niche as well like mtbr.com.

boner - you should cross-post a proposal to add a guitar-player forum...

boner - you should cross-post a proposal to add a guitar-player forum...

Why? this is a climbing site last time I checked.

creating work

Yep, there's the rub: intentionally wasting admin time. Pope's due a time out for sure, I'd expect to receive that same treatment myself if I spammed every forum.

I understand...I kind of like Pope, I even kind of like Raindawg too. What the hell is wrong with me?

You really want to punish Pope (and Raindawg)? OK, since they're gone, how about a "Bolting and Sports routes forum" we can discuss backclipping and bolting........

I'll start the ball rolling with a pic of the glorious and amazing "Lil Dawg" (Raindawgs namesake):

At rest after drilling a single bolt on a route.

Lil_Dawg_3_14_09_resized.jpg

Working and being watched:

Scott_Drilling_the_anchor_bolts_on_The_Drop_Zone_resized_smaller.jpg

Different area, at rest after 13 1/2" x 7" holes

lil_dawg_small1.jpg

Feel free to move this to the new forum!

stay tuned for the next installments

*Brushes: stainless or poly?

*Blow tubes: necessary or a luxury?

*Understanding backclipping: a beginners guide.

*The Complete stickclip issue: Aluminum or fiberglass?

*Dynos: suck or send?

Z-clipping: Horror story or over rated?

Lets get this sick show on the road before those guys get back and kick our ass's over it!!

I really think a MTB forum would be sweet.

I concur with those that say we have a skiing forum, "pirate" forum I never go into, and the sensitivo forum.

Alot of the users enjoy alternate fitness activites and I believe the addition of this forum to the Fitness forum might be a nice addition...perhaps modify the name to reflect the cardio focus OR a generic "cycling/running" forum to cover the bases.

Alot of climbing boards have a cycling/cardio forum and I feel it would be handy to have one here so we don't have to go register on yet another board.

Its a classic NW activity and compliments climbing in so many ways.

I would be happy to donate $25.00 towards the creation of this board.