Midweek/ Afterwork Index

Crillz

So,

I'm looking to try and get out a couple of times mid week - kind of make it a regular thing. I'm not getting a good enough "fix" just climbing on the weekends. I get out of work around 3:30 in Seattle, and can be in Monroe (or meet somewhere else) by 4:45 or so realistically. Flexible on the days.

I'm leading low 5.10s (probably belaying 5.16+Rx), but need to get better.

Anybody else in similar shoes? Got a job, but still want to climb?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm more or less in the same position. I'm still at school in NY, but I'm coming home Tuesday for the summer, and start work the following Monday. I'll be working in Mukilteo, so 4:45 is fine. I was planning on trying to get out to Index mid-week pretty regularly...there's a catch, though. I had hip surgery in March and haven't been climbing yet. My doc said I could start transitioning back into climbing at the end of June. So I won't actually know what I'll be capable of until I get home in a few days and try it out.

That said, I can belay just fine regardless of how well I can climb. And anything beats sitting in front of the TV.

Let me know if you're interested.

Zak