Too wet to climb today?

zekeo

I was hoping to make it to exit 38 today. I've been climbing outside half a dozen times or so and have been lucky enough for the weather to cooperate every time. I don't have enough experience to judge these things yet. It looks like it rained overnight and there is around a 30% chance of rain today. Would you go out and climb on a day like today? Are there any spots at exit 38 in the 5.9-5.10b range that tend to stay a bit drier/dry out faster?

Thanks for any input you have!

Edited by zekeo

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would not go today. But, that's no reason you shouldn't! Why not just go and check it out? You never know until you go. Worst case? You make the drive for nothing. At least you'll get out and you can always walk around and scope out climbs for your ticklist. You'll learn more about yourself and how much rain you're willing to tolerate, etc. and that's how you gain experience.

Edited by rob

Thanks for the input. I ended up climbing in the gym. I hadn't been since I started climbing outside. It was ok, but not as close as fun. I'm ruined on inside climbing I think :).

That happens... Good to hear you ruined yourself for plastic - just isn't the same is it? Can't do the same moves and you never have the challenge of the elements coming at you. Good on ya :tup:

:brew:

Cheers